Bus Contracting Model (BCM) Route Package #12:
“Serangoon–Eunos Bus Package” (23 bus routes)
First announced on 11 August 2016, the Serangoon–Eunos Bus Package is one of fourteen bus packages to be released by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) as part of the transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM). Currently, SBS Transit operates all bus services in this package under a Negotiated Contract (NC) model until Year 2025.
This package comprises 23 existing bus services mainly originating from Serangoon Bus Interchange, Eunos Bus Interchange, Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal and Sims Place Bus Terminal, with a handful originating at Bishan Bus Interchange and Hougang Ave 1. As of February 2017, 22 bus services are in operation, and 1 more has yet to be announced.
|Name||To Be Announced|
|Awarded||To Be Announced|
|Duration||Five years, with two-year extension granted based on good performance|
|Published||To Be Announced|
|Closing||To Be Announced|
|Services||11, 53/53M, 55, 58, 59, 60, 63/63M, 64, 90, 94, 101, 103, 105, 109, 134, 140, 141, 150, 154, 158, 315, 317 and 1 new route|
|Bus Depot||Kim Chuan Bus Depot|
|Anchor Interchanges / Terminals||Serangoon, Eunos, Lorong 1 Geylang, Sims Place, Changi Village|
Serangoon–Eunos Bus Package contains 23 existing bus services, all of which are currently operated by SBS Transit.
|Service||Destination 1||Destination 2||Type||Description|
|11||Lor 1 Geylang||↺ Rhu Cross||Trunk|
|53||Bishan||↺ Changi Airport||Trunk|
|53M||Hougang Ave 1||↺ Serangoon Ctrl||Trunk||Supplementary route|
|55||Bishan||Upp East Coast||Trunk|
|60||Eunos||↺ Bedok Int||Trunk|
|63||Eunos||↺ Jln Rumah Tinggi||Trunk|
|63M||Eunos||↺ MacPherson Estate||Trunk||Supplementary route|
|64||Sims Place||↺ Mei Ling St||Trunk|
|90||Toa Payoh||↺ Airport Rd||Trunk|
|94||Eunos||↺ Airport Rd||Trunk|
|101||Serangoon||↺ Buangkok Link||Trunk|
|134||Sims Place||↺ Marine Terrace||Trunk|
|140||Lor 1 Geylang||↺ St. Wilfred Rd||Trunk|
|141||Lor 1 Geylang||Toa Payoh||Trunk|
|150||Eunos||↺ Marine Terrace||Trunk|
|158||Serangoon||↺ Rhu Cross||Trunk|
|315||Serangoon||↺ Serangoon North Ave 5||Feeder|
|317||Serangoon||↺ Berwick Dr||Feeder|
|To Be Launched|
Services 53M and 63M are considered as supplementary services or route variants of their parent service and do not add to the overall service count. Shortworking trip services are not included in the above list.
Scope of Tender:
As part of the tender, the new Operator will be required to fulfill responsibilities as such:
- Operate the twenty-three (23) bus services in the areas in accordance with specified EWT performance standards
- Operate and maintain the buses and their onboard equipment provided by LTA
- Operate and maintain Serangoon and EunosBus Interchanges, Lorong 1 Geylang and Sims Place Bus Terminal, and Kim Chuan Bus Depot, including all equipment and systems provided therein
- Charge and collect the fares approved by the Public Transport Council, on behalf of the Government
- Provide bus service information at all bus stops and bus interchanges served by the 23 bus services
- Provide customer management services, such as lost and found service, and a hotline for commuter feedback and enquiries.
All bus services will have scheduled headways of no more than 15 minutes for both directions during the morning and evening peak periods, with at least half of them having even shorter scheduled headways of no more than 10 minutes. Of these, the feeder services will run at even shorter intervals of 6-8 minutes. An estimated 45% of bus services will come at shorter intervals during peak periods when compared to the expanded BSEP.
More guidelines can be found in the main Bus Contracting Model (BCM) article.
Bus Interchanges & Terminals under the package:
- Serangoon Bus Interchange
- Eunos Bus Interchange
- Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal
- Sims Place Bus Terminal
Bus Depot under the package:
Route Package Timeline:
- 2016 (11 Aug): Serangoon–Eunos Bus Package mentioned as one of 11 Negotiated Contract (NC) Packages, and operated by SBS Transit.
External Links & References:
Back to Bus Contracting Model