The Go-Ahead Group is a multi-modal passenger transport operator founded in 1987. Formerly a small bus operator in north-east England, the Go Ahead Group has since expanded and diversified into rail services, providing more than a billion journeys each year in the United Kingdom. It now operates over 4,600 buses with a strong presence in London, boasts a large market share in UK’s rail industry, and employs more than 26,000 people in the UK altogether.
The company entered the Singapore bus scene when it bid for, and was subsequently awarded the Loyang Bus Package. The route package comprises 25 bus routes based out of the new Loyang Bus Depot. This was the second contract awarded by LTA as part of the Government Contracting Model (GCM), which will introduce a competitive scene of bus operators bidding for various route packages and a share of the market.
Go-Ahead Singapore is also the first bus company in Singapore to conduct an all-electric bus trial, using the BYD K9.
Loyang Bus Package
In the third quarter of 2016, Go Ahead Singapore (GAS) took over operations of 24 existing bus services in two tranches, on 4 September and 18 September. Spaced two weeks apart, the three tranches allowed Go-Ahead Singapore progressive control over Punggol Bus Interchange, followed by Pasir Ris Bus Interchange.
The implementation dates of the two tranches are as follows:
|Tranche||Implementation Date||Bus Services||No of Routes|
|1||04 Sep 2016||3, 34, 43/43M, 62, 82, 83, 84, 85, 118, 119, 136, 382, 386||13|
|2||18 Sep 2016||2, 6, 12, 15, 17, 36, 354, 358, 359, 403, 518||11|
*The 25th service, Bus Service 68, will be implemented in 2017. Details of the bus route will be announced at a later date.
|Service||Destination 1||Destination 2||Type||Description|
|2||Changi Village||New Bridge Road||Trunk|
|6||Pasir Ris||↺ Loyang Way||Trunk|
|12||Pasir Ris||New Bridge Road||Trunk|
|15||Pasir Ris||↺ Marine Parade||Trunk|
|17||Pasir Ris||↺ Bedok||Trunk|
|17A||Bedok||↺ Bedok North Drive||Trunk||BSEP Supplementary|
|34||Punggol||↺ Changi Airport||Trunk|
|36||Changi Airport||↺ Tomlimson Road||Trunk|
|43||Punggol||Upper East Coast||Trunk|
|43M||Punggol||↺ Serangoon||Trunk||BSEP Supplementary|
|62||Punggol||↺ Sims Ave||Trunk|
|68||Pasir Ris||↺ Tampines||Trunk||Future Service|
|82||Punggol||↺ Serangoon Central||Trunk|
|84||Punggol||↺ Punggol Rd (End)||Trunk|
|118||Punggol||Changi Business Park||Trunk||BSEP|
|119||Punggol||↺ Hougang St 21||Trunk|
|136||Punggol||Ang Mo Kio||Trunk|
|354||Pasir Ris||↺ Jln Loyang Besar||Feeder|
|358||Pasir Ris||↺ Pasir Ris Dr 4 / 10||TownLink|
|359||Pasir Ris||↺ Pasir Ris St 11 / 71||TownLink|
|382G/W||Punggol||↺ Sumang Walk||Feeder||BSEP|
|386||Punggol||↺ Punggol East||Feeder||BSEP|
|403||Pasir Ris||↺ Pasir Ris Rd||Feeder|
|518||Pasir Ris||↺ Bayfront Ave||Express|
Services 17A and 43M are considered as supplementary services of their parent service and do not add to the overall service count.
More photos of Go-Ahead Singapore buses at our Go-Ahead Singapore Bus Gallery.
- March 2016: Go-Ahead Group New Bus for London visits Singapore
- 19 Jun 2016: Loyang Bus Depot Carnival
- Jul-Sep 2016: Go-Ahead prepares for launch day
- 04 Sep 2016: Go-Ahead First Day of Operations
- 18 Sep 2016 – 15 Oct 2016: Tower Transit operating Go-Ahead Employee Shuttle Buses
- 18 Sep 2016: Second Tranche of Go-Ahead Bus Services
- 21 Sep 2016: Go-Ahead borrowing Bus Captains from SBS Transit and SMRT
- 07 Nov 2016: Go-Ahead Singapore trials BYD Electric Bus
Articles on Go-Ahead Singapore
- Go-Ahead borrowing Bus Captains from SBS Transit and SMRT
- Second Tranche of Go-Ahead Bus Services
- Tower Transit operating Go-Ahead Employee Shuttle Buses
- Go-Ahead: One Week On
- Go-Ahead First Day of Operations
- Go-Ahead prepares for launch day
- Loyang Bus Package Commencement Dates announced
- Speech by Mr Zainal Bin Sapari at Loyang Bus Depot Official Opening
- Go-Ahead Singapore Bus Carnival
- Go-Ahead Group New Bus for London visits Singapore
Back to Bus Overview