This is a Sponsored Post brought to you by GrabShuttle.
GrabShuttle is a bus pooling service by Grab, which offers point-to-point bus routes at affordable prices, supplementing existing public transport services with more direct bus routes. Services are priced between public transport and carpooling services, offering a balance of speed and accessibility and low cost.
Currently, GrabShuttle offers 43 routes across the island (As of May 2017) . Commuters can use the GrabShuttle app (App Store / Play Store) to book and pay for seats using their credit cards, and track their buses in real-time on the day of the ride. Commuters can also suggest and crowd-start new routes in the GrabShuttle app or via Grab’s website.
The service was launched in March 2017 in collaboration with Beeline and the Government Technology Agency of Singapore (GovTech). Commuters can check out the Frequently-Asked-Questions on GrabShuttle’s website here.
Route table (sorted by Activity node):
|Activity node||Origin (AM Peak)||Route||Destination (PM Peak)||Route|
|Central Business District / Suntec City||Bukit Batok / Bukit Timah||G06||Choa Chu Kang / Bukit Panjang||G10|
|Choa Chu Kang / Yew Tee||G07||Punggol / Sengkang||G13|
|Punggol||G08||Punggol / Sengkang||G27|
|Sengkang||G22||Tanjong Rhu / Marine Parade||G28|
|Tanjong Rhu / Meyer Rd||G40||Woodlands / Admiralty||G34|
|Upp Changi Rd East / Melville Park||G43||Marine Parade / Bedok Reservoir||G35|
|Changi Business Park||Punggol / Sengkang||G09||Punggol / Sengkang||G11|
|Tanjong Rhu / East Coast||G19||Woodlands / Admiralty / Sembawang||G14|
|Keppel / HarbourFront||G30||Tanjong Rhu / East Coast||G24|
|Flora Drive||G38||Punggol / Sengkang / Yio Chu Kang||G45|
|Bayshore / Upper East Coast||G39|
|Changi Naval Base||Punggol / Sengkang||G26||Punggol / Sengkang||G11|
|Ang Mo Kio / Hougang||G41|
|Sembawang / Yishun / Khatib||G42|
|Mapletree Business City / Alexandra Hospital||Bukit Panjang||G17||Woodlands / Admiralty||G12|
|Woodlands / Admiralty||G33||Bukit Panjang||G15|
|Punggol / Sengkang||G25|
|Tanjong Rhu / East Coast||G31|
|Tampines / Pasir Ris||G32|
|Science Park / one-north / Biopolis||Pasir Ris / Tampines||G36||Simei / Tampines East||G44|
|Punggol / Sengkang||G37|
|Singapore General Hospital||Jurong West||G05|
|Woodlands / Admiralty||G18|
Commuters can also suggest and crowd-start new routes in the GrabShuttle app or via Grab’s website
Benefits of GrabShuttle
GrabShuttle encourages individual commuters to consider shared transportation services for their daily commute instead of relying on personal cars, helping to reduce traffic congestion and overall vehicle carbon emissions. Benefits include:
- More affordable door to door travel: GrabShuttle routes are direct and the buses only stop at a few pre-selected pick up points before the final destination. This is ideal for commuters who want a more direct and convenient transport service, while paying a fraction of the fare of taxis and private cars. GrabShuttle fares are fixed for all commuters on the same route, ranging from $3.50 to $5.00.
- Flexible trip planning and guaranteed seats on GrabShuttle: Commuters can book their seats ahead of time and be guaranteed a ride on their preferred GrabShuttle service. Commuters have the flexibility to plan their trips in advance and book seats up to one month ahead and if they have a regular commuting routine, they can also book the same route across multiple days. For commuters who decide only on the day that they need an affordable ride to or from work, they can also book seats up to five minutes before the route commences.
- Making commuting in groups more efficient: GrabShuttle offers individuals the ability to rally support from fellow commuters to crowd-source and start new routes. Neighbours who work in the same district can suggest routes starting in their same neighbourhood and ending in the business district, for example. When 15 or more people pre-order similar routes, GrabShuttle will start the service. Routes are modelled based on historical, real-time and crowd-sourced transport data, and are adaptive to changing commuter needs. By listening to consumer demand and leveraging data analytics, GrabShuttle will be integral to making transportation in Singapore more efficient – by moving groups of people going in the same direction together.
- Try 3 GrabShuttle rides for FREE by using the Promo Code “GRABSHUTTLE“! Applicable to new GrabShuttle users only, valid till 31 May 2017.
- Launch of new GrabShuttle routes G42, G43, G44 & G45 from 22 May 2017
List of GrabShuttle Routes (Updated 18 May 2017)