SBS Transit Bus Service 101 is a trunk route from Serangoon Int and looping at Buangkok Link, passing through Upper Serangoon Road, Hougang Central and Hougang Street 91.
Bus Service 101 will call at a new pair of bus stops along Buangkok Link from 09 Jul 2017.
|Bus Service 101: Serangoon ↺ Buangkok Link
||Looping at Buangkok Link
||Serangoon Bus Interchange ↺ Buangkok Link (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Upp Serangoon Rd, Hougang Ctrl, Hougang St 91|
|Route Length||15.5 km|
|Travelling Time||59 – 85 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Departure Times from Serangoon
||0515 – 0000 (Daily)|
|0630 – 0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831 – 1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700 – 1930: 08 – 09 mins
After 1930: 07 – 14 mins
Service 101 serves as a residential trunk route connecting large parts of Hougang Neighbourhoods 4, 5 and 9 to Hougang MRT, further travelling to Serangoon and running parallel to the North-East Line. Demand is most significant during the peak hours where many commuters commute to and from home and the MRT network.
MRT Stations Served:
- Upp Serangoon Road (Kovan Stn Exit B) → Serangoon Int via Buangkok Link
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Service Ltd
- 2001– Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Serangoon – Eunos Bus Package.
- 2004 (15 Feb): Introduced as Service 101 between Serangoon and Buangkok Cres (Loop), replacing Feeder 328 due to the closure of Hougang South Int
- 2005 (14 Aug): Amended to loop at Buangkok Link.
- 2011 (03 Sep): Amended to Serangoon Ave 2 instead of Serangoon Central with the opening of the new Serangoon Int.
- 2011 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2017 (09 Jul): Calls at an additional pair of bus stops at Buangkok Link
- Refer to this article
- 2005: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2005.