Go-Ahead Bus Service 12 is a trunk route connecting Pasir Ris and New Bridge Road through Bugis, East Coast, Bedok South, Simei and Tampines. Like service 2, it provides a link between Chinatown and the eastern part of Singapore, but along different routes.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go Ahead Singapore) took over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 18 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange ↔ New Bridge Road Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Tampines. Simei, Bedok South, East Coast, Mountbatten, Bugis, Chinatown|
|Route Length||24.8km (D1) | 24.9km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||100 mins|
|GCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
||0530hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from New Bridge Rd
||0600hrs – 2400hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 14 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 13 mins
After 1930: 11 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 14 mins
After 1930: 10 – 14 mins
Service 12 plies from the East to Central Singapore, connecting the residential estates of Pasir Ris, Tampines, Simei and Bedok South, along with private housing districts of East Coast and Mountbatten, to the Central areas of Kallang, Bugis, Clarke Quay and Chinatown. The route serves numerous inter-town connections, supplementing Services 21 and 358 between Pasir Ris Town Centre and Pasir Ris Drive 1, and Service 38 between Bedok South, Tanah Merah and Simei. Owing to steady demand throughout the day, this service operates a majority of double-deck buses in addition to single-deck buses.
No boarding is allowed from New Bridge Road Terminal. Service 12 is a wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB) since 03 Dec 2006.
It received additional buses under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) progressively from 2013 onwards. In 2014, the Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) was implemented on this route for a two-year trial.
- Sims Avenue (Kallang Stn) → Pasir Ris Interchange
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0555hrs, 0605hrs, 0615hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0630hrs, 0640hrs
- No Boarding at New Bridge Rd Terminal.
MRT Stations served by this route:
- 1970s – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Bedok Road/Upper Changi Road and Commonwealth Avenue/North Buona Vista Rd as part of the 1971 Bus Reorganisation, operated by Associated Bus Services.
- 1973: Extended to Upper Changi Road 13.3km, near the current Anglican High School.
- ???: Relocated to Upper Changi Road 15.5km
- 1980 (15 Jun): Relocated to Somapah Ter
- 1998: Extended from Somapah to Pasir Ris, and at the same time, shortened from Buona Vista to New Bridge Rd
- 1989 (10 Dec): Amended to Pasir Ris Int
- 1994: Amended to ply Victoria St / New Bridge Rd, instead of North / South Bridge Road
- 2005 (26 Jun): Amended to Sims Way between Kallang and Guillemard Rd junction, skipping Mountbatten Rd due to road realignment works in the area
- 2014 (10 Aug): Calls at new bus stop along Mountbatten Rd (opp Blk 2)
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- Refer to this article
- 1994: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1994.
External Links & References: