Go-Ahead Bus Service 12 is a trunk route connecting Pasir Ris and New Bridge Road through Bugis, East Coast, Bedok South, Simei and Tampines. Like Service 2, it provides a link between Chinatown and the eastern part of Singapore, but along different routes.
Looking for Service 12e instead? Check out the article here.
New Limited Stop Express Service 12e will be introduced on 28 January 2018.
Bus Service 12 will be amended to Kampong Bahru Bus Terminal from 10 March 2018.
|Bus Service 12: Pasir Ris ↔ New Bridge Rd|
Towards New Bridge Rd
Towards Pasir Ris
- No boarding at New Bridge Rd Bus Terminal.
|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange ↔ New Bridge Road Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Tampines Ave 2, Simei Rd, Upp Changi Rd East, Bedok South Rd, East Coast Rd, Mountbatten Rd, Victoria St, Eu Tong Sen St|
|Route Length||24.8 km (D1) | 24.8 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||100 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore
(Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
||0530hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from New Bridge Rd
||0600hrs – 0000hrs (Weekdays)
0630hrs – 0000hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 09 mins
0830hrs – 1659hrs: 09 – 14 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 09 – 10 mins
After 1900hrs: 11 – 13 mins
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 10 mins
0830hrs – 1659hrs: 08 – 15 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 08 – 14 mins
After 1900hrs: 10 – 14 mins
Service 12 plies from the East to Central Singapore, connecting the residential estates of Pasir Ris, Tampines, Simei and Bedok South, along with private housing districts of East Coast and Mountbatten, to the Central areas of Kallang, Bugis, Clarke Quay and Chinatown. The route serves numerous inter-town connections, supplementing Services 21 and 358 between Pasir Ris Town Centre and Pasir Ris Drive 1, and Service 38 between Bedok South, Tanah Merah and Simei. Owing to steady demand throughout the day, this service operates a majority of double-deck buses in addition to single-deck buses.
No boarding is allowed from New Bridge Road Terminal. Service 12 is a wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB) since 03 Dec 2006.
It received additional buses under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) progressively from 2013 onwards. In 2014, the Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) was implemented on this route for a two-year trial.
As part of the DTL3 Bus Service Enhancements, Service 12 calls at a new pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 2, at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
- Limited Stop Express Service 12e: Pasir Ris Int ↔ New Bridge Rd Ter
Daily, skips East Coast Rd, Mountbatten Rd, Kallang Rd
- Sims Avenue (Kallang Stn) → Pasir Ris Interchange
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0555hrs, 0605hrs, 0615hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0630hrs, 0640hrs
MRT Stations served by this route:
- EW1 Pasir Ris
- DT33 Tampines East
- CG1DT35 Expo
- EW4CG Tanah Merah
- CC7 Mountbatten
- EW10 Kallang
- EW11 Lavender
- EW12DT14 Bugis
- CC2 Bras Basah
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- EW16NE3 Outram Park
- 1970s – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Bedok Road/Upper Changi Road and Commonwealth Avenue/North Buona Vista Rd as part of the 1971 Bus Reorganisation, operated by Associated Bus Services.
- 1973: Extended to Upper Changi Road 13.3km, near the current Anglican High School.
- ???: Relocated to Upper Changi Road 15.5km
- 1980 (15 Jun): Relocated to Somapah Ter
- 1998: Extended from Somapah to Pasir Ris, and at the same time, shortened from Buona Vista to New Bridge Rd
- 1989 (10 Dec): Amended to Pasir Ris Int
- 1994: Amended to ply Victoria St / New Bridge Rd, instead of North / South Bridge Road
- 2005 (26 Jun): Amended to Sims Way between Kallang and Guillemard Rd junction, skipping Mountbatten Rd due to road realignment works in the area
- 2014 (10 Aug): Calls at new bus stop along Mountbatten Rd (opp Blk 2)
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station.
- 2018 (28 Jan): Route variant Limited Stop Express Service 12e introduced
- 2018 (10 Mar): Amended to Kampong Bahru Ter
- Refer to this article
- 2018: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2018.
External Links & References: