SBS Transit Bus Service 120 is a residential trunk route from New Bridge Road Terminal and looping at Telok Blangah Heights, passing through Bukit Merah, Redhill and Alexandra. This is also the ninth bus service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
Bus Service 120 calls at a new bus stop along Telok Blangah St 31 from 10 Dec 2017.
|Bus Service 120: New Bridge Rd ↺ Telok Blangah Heights|
|From New Bridge Rd Ter||Looping at Telok Blangah Hts|
- No boarding at New Bridge Rd Bus Terminal
||New Bridge Road Bus Terminal ↺ Telok Blangah Heights (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Bukit Merah, Redhill, Alexandra, Redhill MRT|
|Route Length||21.1 km|
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bukit Merah Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from New Bridge Rd
||0600hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 11 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 16 mins
1700-1900: 12 – 16 mins
After 1900: 12 – 16 mins
Service 120 is the ninth bus service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
The inter-town service improves on existing bus connections at Telok Blangah Heights and surrounding estates, providing the much-needed bus connection between the estate and Telok Blangah MRT Station. The route further extends to New Bridge Road Terminal via Alexandra Road, Redhill MRT and Jalan Bukit Merah, enhancing connectivity to more housing estates and amenities. Bus Service 124 was also extended on the same day of its introduction for better connectivity to HarbourFront.
MRT Stations Served:
- Telok Blangah Heights (Blk 59) → New Bridge Road Ter
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0558hrs, 0611hrs, 0624hrs
Saturday: 0545hrs, 0602hrs, 0619hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0600hrs, 0616hrs
- 2013 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2018 under the Bukit Merah Bus Package.
- 2013 (21 Apr): Introduced on 21 Apr 2013 under the LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), plying between New Bridge Road Terminal and Telok Blangah Heights (loop).
- 2013 (31 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (26 Nov): Skips removed bus stop Bef Hosp Dr along Kg Bahru Rd
- 2017 (10 Dec): Calls at a new bus stop along Telok Blangah St 31
- Refer to this article
- 2013: No significant route changes since 2013.
External Links & References: