SBS Transit Bus Service 130 is a trunk service plying between Ang Mo Kio Int and Shenton Way Ter, passing through Sin Ming, Thomson, Balestier, Jalan Besar, Bugis, Fullerton Road and Shenton Way. The service shares the Ang Mo Kio – Shenton Way start/end termini with Service 133.
Bus Service 130 was amended to serve the relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal from 25 Jun 2017.
|Bus Service 130: Ang Mo Kio ↔ Shenton Way
Towards Shenton Way
Towards Ang Mo Kio
- No alighting at Shenton Way Bus Terminal
||Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange ↔ Shenton Way Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Sin Ming, Thomson, Balestier, Jalan Besar, Bugis, Fullerton Road|
|Route Length||16.3 km (D1) | 16.1 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||90 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
12-meter Double Deck Bus
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio||0530 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 17 mins
After 1900: 15 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 12 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 11 mins
After 1900: 12 – 15 mins
Service 130 connects residents of Ang Mo Kio, Sin Ming and Balestier to the City areas, as well as serving areas like Kitchener Road. Running through older estates of Singapore, this route plies considerably different routing in its forward and return journeys, unlike most bidirectional trunk routes. It is also the only service to ply Syed Alwi Road. Double-deckers were introduced to this route in 2013, with a second DD bus added to the fleet in 2014. No alighting is allowed at Shenton Way Terminal.
MRT Stations Served:
- EW12DT14 Bugis
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- EW14NS26 Raffles Place
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- NS16 Ang Mo Kio
- NE8 Farrer Park
- NE9 Boon Keng
- CC3 Esplanade
- CC16 Marymount
- CC17 Caldecott
- DT22 Jalan Besar
- Serangoon Road (Sri Srinivasa Perumal TP) → Ang Mo Kio Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0612hrs
- Service 130A: Ang Mo Kio Int → Sin Ming Road (Blk 25)
Operates on 2 weekends (Saturdays & Sundays) before & after the date of Ching Ming & on the day of Ching Ming itself.
Caters to high demand between Ang Mo Kio Int and Bright Hill Crematorium & Columbarium.
Fleet: See Above.
- 1971 – 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced between Balestier Rd and Tanjong Pagar Rd/Anson Rd
- 1974: Amended to ply into Sin Ming
- 1983: Amended to serve Balestier Rd and Lavender St before continuing to Jln Besar. That same year, amended to Ang Mo Kio Bus Int
- 1985: Amended to Prince Edward Rd Ter
- 1987: Amended to Shenton Way Ter
- 1993: Amended to ply Victoria St instead of North Bridge Rd (towards Shenton Way)
- 2002 (24 Mar): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Temp Int
- 2003 (21 Jun): Amended to ply Boon Keng Rd and Bendemeer Rd, under Phase 1 of NEL Rationalisation.
- 2007 (28 Apr): Amended to air-conditioned Ang Mo Kio Integrated Transport Hub (ITH), and calls at bus stop outside Victoria Concert Hall along Empress Place.
- 2008 (01 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (19 Apr): Route towards Ang Mo Kio amended from St Andrews Rd, Coleman St, Hill St, Victoria St to St Andrews Rd, Stamford Rd, Victoria St due to partial permanent road closure of Coleman St. BS02031 Coleman St – Opp The Adelphi relocated to BS02031 St Andrews Rd – St Andrews Cath.
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2016 (01 May): Amended to Esplanade Dr instead of St. Andrew’s Rd (Main Article)
- 2017 (25 Jun): Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- Refer to this article
- 2016: Amended to present routing.