SBS Transit Bus Service 132 is a trunk service plying between Hougang Central Bus Interchange and Bukit Merah Bus Interchange, passing through Ang Mo Kio, Upper Thomson, Stevens, Orchard, Tanglin and Redhill. It shares the Hougang – Bukit Merah start/end points with Service 153.
|Bus Service 132: Hougang Central ↔ Bukit Merah
Towards Bukit Merah
Towards Hougang Central
||Hougang Central Bus Interchange ↔ Bukit Merah Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Hougang Ave 2, Ang Mo Kio, Thomson, Stevens, Tanglin Road, Redhill MRT, Henderson|
|Route Length||24.4 km (D1) | 23.7 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)
Ayer Rajah Bus Park (ARBP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
– Volvo B10M Mark IV
12-meter Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Hougang Central
||0530 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Bukit Merah
||0545 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 09 – 16 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 19 mins
1700-1900: 13 – 19 mins
After 1900: 13 – 19 mins
|0630-0830: 11 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 19 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 14 mins
After 1900: 15 – 16 mins
Service 132 connects residents of Hougang, Ang Mo Kio and Thomson with the Central areas of Orchard and Tanglin, and provides further connections between Bukit Merah, Henderson, Redhill MRT and the City.
Additional Hougang Depot buses will perform trips of Service 132 before operating on NiteOwl 6N on Fridays, Saturdays and eves of Public Holidays.
MRT Stations Served:
- Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 (Opp Ang Mo Kio Stn) → Bukit Merah Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0539hrs
Saturdays: 0530hrs, 0540hrs
- Upper Thomson Road (Bef Ang Mo Kio Ave 1) → Hougang Ctrl Int
- 1970s – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Sengkang – Hougang Bus Package.
- 1978: Introduced by SBS between Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 and Tomlinson Road (Loop)
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ter at Ctrl 2
- 1983 (10 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 1983 (Dec): Extended to Bt Merah Int
- 1988 (18 Dec): Extended to Hougang South Int.
- 2004 (15 Feb): Amended to Hougang Central Int via Upp Serangoon Rd due to closure of Hougang South Interchange.
- 2013 (31 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2005: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2005.