SBS Transit Bus Service 142 is a trunk route running from Toa Payoh and looping at Potong Pasir Avenue 1, going via Jalan Toa Payoh and Upper Serangoon Road.
|Bus Service 142: Toa Payoh ↺ Potong Pasir Avenue 1 (Loop)|
|From Toa Payoh||Looping at Potong Pasir Ave 1|
|Route||Toa Payoh Bus Interchange ↺ Potong Pasir Avenue 1 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jalan Toa Payoh, Upper Serangoon Road|
|Route Length||8.4 km|
|Travelling Time||40 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Toa Payoh
||0600hrs – 0005hrs (Daily)|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 08 – 09 mins
0831hrs – 1659hrs: 09 – 12 mins
1700hrs – 1900hrs: 08 – 10 mins
After 1900hrs: 10 – 15 mins
Service 142 is a residential route serving the small Potong Pasir estate with connections to Potong Pasir MRT and Toa Payoh Town Centre, hence providing access to the North-South Line and North-East Line.
MRT Stations Served
- Potong Pasir Ave 1 (Blk 122) → Toa Payoh Int
Daily: 0545hrs, 0559hrs
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package.
- 1984 (25 Nov): Introduced between Potong Pasir Ter and Toa Payoh Int (Loop)
- 1985 (05 May): Enhanced to ply Potong Pasir Ave 2 and Potong Pasir Ave 3 before terminating at Potong Pasir Ter.
- 1987: Amended to start from Toa Payoh Int and loop at Potong Pasir Ave 1.
- 1994 (31 May): Amended to ply Lor 6 Toa Payoh towards Toa Payoh Int
- 1998 (31 May): Amended to Toa Payoh Temp Int
- 1999: Calls at a new pair of bus stops outside and opposite Toa Payoh Swim Cplx along Lor 6 Toa Payoh
- 2002 (19 May): Amended to air-conditioned Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2003: Calls at a new pair of bus stops outside Potong Pasir Stn along Upp Serangoon Rd.
- 2006 (16 Apr): Calls at a new bus stop outside Blk 120 along Potong Pasir Ave 1
- 2009 (26 Oct): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (04 Sep): Amended to skip Serangoon Rd towards Toa Payoh Integrated Transport Hub with the permanent closure of Whampoa North
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.
External Links & References: