|Direction 1||Direction 2|
|Route||Hougang Central Bus Interchange ↔ Clementi Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Hougang Ave 4/8, Ang Mo Kio, Upp Thomson, Lornie, Farrer, Holland Rd, Clementi Rd, Clementi MRT|
|Route Length||24.0km (D1) | 23.6km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)
Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL
Volvo B10M Mark IV
|Departure Times from T1||0530 – 2320 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from T2||0545 – 0000 (Weekdays)
0600 – 0000 (Saturdays, Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 10 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 14 mins
After 1930: 13 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 09 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 13 mins
After 1930: 13 – 17 mins
Service 165 is a residential route connecting the towns of Hougang, Ang Mo Kio and Upper Thomson with Farrer and Clementi. Despite being a supplementary connection between its many areas of service, almost all of its route plies along main roads, making it a quicker and more convenient inter-town link as compared to other services.
The route shares its Hougang Central – Clementi termini with Service 147, but plies a much faster route.
- Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 (Opp Ang Mo Kio Stn) → Clementi Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0530hrs, 0541hrs
- Thomson Road (Opp MacRitchie Reservoir) → Clementi Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0520hrs, 0534hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Service 165 at a glance
- 1971– 1973: United Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced as Service 165 between Upp Thomson Rd (Near Sembawang Hills Circus) and Jln Boon Lay/Jurong Rd (Jurong Industrial Estate), operated by United Bus Company
- 1977 (19 Sep): Extended to Ang Mo Kio (Ave 3)
- 1978 (01 Jul): Truncated to Jurong Int
- 1981 (05 Jul): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ter at Ang Mo Kio Ctrl 2
- 1983 (10 Apr): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Int
- 1990 (01 Jul): Temporary plied between Ang Mo Kio and Boon Lay when Boon Lay Int opened.
- 1990 (07 Jul): Shortened to Clementi Int when Boon Lay MRT Station opened
- 1995 (08 Jan): Extended to Hougang Central Int.
- 2006 (29 Oct): Amended to Clementi Temp Int
- 2011 (26 Nov): Amended to Clementi Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2012 (26 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1995: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1995.
External Links & References: