SBS Transit Service 174e is a Fast Forward variant of Service 174, plying between Boon Lay and Kampong Bahru. It passes through Boon Lay Avenue, Bukit Batok, Tanglin, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Clarke Quay, Chin Swee Road and Outram Road.
Bus Service 174e will be amended to Kampong Bahru Bus Terminal from 10 March 2018.
|Bus Service 174e: Boon Lay ⇄ Kampong Bahru|
Boon Lay Bus Interchange → Kampong Bahru Bus Terminal
Kampong Bahru Bus Terminal→ Boon Lay Bus Interchange
|Passes Through||Boon Lay Ave, Bukit Batok, Tanglin, Orchard, Dhoby Ghaut, Clarke Quay, Chin Swee Rd, Outram Rd|
|Route Length||29.0 km (D1) | 28.9 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||105 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0652hrs – 0744hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from Kampong Bahru
||1751hrs – 1845hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|13 mins||13 – 14 mins|
The route skips selected stops throughout its route in both directions. Its express sector between Jalan Jurong Kechil and Napier Road is highly flexible, with buses able to ply the PIE, Dunearn/Bukit Timah Road or Holland Road. The Holland Road option is preferred during school vacation periods when Clementi Road has substantially less traffic.
- From Boon Lay Int: 0652hrs, 0705hrs, 0718hrs, 0731hrs, 0744hrs
- From Kampong Bahru Ter: 1751hrs, 1804hrs, 1818hrs, 1831hrs, 1845hrs
MRT Stations Served
- EW13NS25 City Hall
- EW16NE3 Outram Park
- EW27 Boon Lay
- NS2 Bukit Batok
- NS22 Orchard
- NS23 Somerset
- NS24NE6CC1 Dhoby Ghaut
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- NE5 Clarke Quay
- CC2 Bras Basah
- DT5 Beauty World
- 2005 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 2005 (28 Mar): Introduced between Boon Lay Int and North Bridge Road to provide a faster travel between places where there is a high demand by calling at fewer stops.
- 2006 (20 Nov): Extended to New Bridge Road Ter, observing same route as Service 174.
- 2011 (01 Aug): Calls at an additional bus stop at Clarke Quay Stn along Eu Tong Sen St.
- 2015 (28 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2018 (10 Mar): Amended to Kampong Bahru Ter