SBS Transit Bus Service 18 is a residential route between Tampines Concourse and Bedok, serving Tampines Streets 34 / 33 / 32, Bedok Reservoir and Bedok North Road. It loops within Bedok Bus Interchange.
Bus Service 18 was extended to ply via Tampines Streets 32, 33 & 34 from 21 Oct 2017 in tandem with the opening of Downtown Line 3.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 18: Tampines Concourse ↺ Bedok (Loop)
|From Tampines Concourse||Looping at Bedok|
||Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange ↺ Bedok Bus Interchange (Loop)
|Passes Through||Tampines Ave 7, Tampines Street 34/33/32, Tampines Ave 2, Bedok North Ave 3, Bedok North Avenue 2|
|Route Length||19.0 km|
|Travelling Time||71 – 113 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Tampines Concourse
||0505hrs – 0000hrs (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0535hrs – 0000hrs (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Departure Times from Bedok
||0525hrs – 0034hrs (Weekdays)
0525hrs – 0033hrs (Saturdays)
0555hrs – 0033hrs (Sun/PHs)
|0630 – 0830: 11 – 14 mins
0831 – 1659: 12 – 17 mins
1700 – 1900: 15 – 17 mins
After 1900: 12 – 15 mins
Originally introduced as Bedok – Tampines St 22 (Loop) in 1984 before being extended to Tampines Interchange in 1988, Service 18 is a supplementary residential route connecting Tampines and Bedok. It was amended to Bedok North Street 2 with the opening of Bedok Temporary Interchange to increase bus connectivity for residents in the area.
This route has limited demand due to duplication with many other services along the Bedok-Tampines stretch, e.g. 28, 67, 168. However, it serves as a direct route for residents along Tampines Ave 2 to Bedok without bus transfers. The route formerly operated with high-capacity articulated buses before they were sold off in 2003.
Extension to Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange
As part of the Bus Service Enhancements with the opening of Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange, Bus Service 18 was extended to Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange from 18 December 2016.
As a result, Bus Service 18 calls at a pair of new bus stops along Tampines Central 1 (BS 76559 Bef Tampines Central 3, Tampines Central 1 & BS 76551 Aft Tampines Central 3, Tampines Central 1) for commuters at Tampines Bus Interchange to board and alight.
Route Amendment to Tampines East
Service 18 was amended to serve Tampines Streets 32, 33, 34 as part of the Downtown Line 3 – Bus Service Enhancements from 21 Oct 2017. The route amendment provides a direction connection for Tampines Street 32, 33 & 34 residents to Tampines East MRT Station as well as provide alternative travel options to Tampines & Bedok apart from Service 291 and Service 28.
The first bus timing from Tampines Concourse Int was also brought forward by 10 minutes daily. At Bedok, the first bus timing was brought forward by 5 minutes daily and the last bus timing pushed back to 8-9 minutes later.
- Bedok North Drive (Bedok Int) → Tampines Concourse Interchange
Weekdays: 0525hrs, 1804hrs
Sundays & Public Holidays: 0555hrs
MRT Stations Served:
Fleet: See Above
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 1984: Introduced as Bedok – Tampines St 22 (Loop)
- 1988: Extended to Tampines Int and made to loop at Bedok. Deleted sectors (Tampines Street 22) covered by Service 292.
- 2011 (07 Mar): Designated Wheelchair Accessible Bus Service (WAB)
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok North Rd / Bedok North Ave 2 with the opening of Bedok Temporary Int
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to the new Bedok Int, skips bus stop along Bedok North Interchange (Blk 204)
- 2016 (18 Nov): Extended to Tampines Concourse Bus Interchange.
- 2017 (21 Oct): Amended to Tampines Street 34 / 33 / 32 with the opening of Downtown Line 3. Operating hours revised.
- Refer to this article
- 2017: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2017.