SBS Transit Bus Service 182/M is a trunk route running from Joo Koon Interchange and looping at Tuas South Avenue 9, passing through PIE, Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Tuas West Drive and Tuas South Avenues 3, 9 and 5.
Service 182 calls at Tuas Checkpoint in both directions, but its route variant, Service 182M, calls at Tuas Checkpoint only on its return direction.
|Bus Service 182 / 182M: Joo Koon ↺ Tuas South Avenue 9 (Loop)
Towards Tuas South Ave 9
Towards Joo Koon
- Bus Service 182 towards both Tuas South Ave 9 and Joo Koon duplicates at Tuas Checkpoint. Check the bus destination before boarding.
– Buses displaying the Red 182 Plate head towards Tuas South
– Buses displaying the White 182 Plate head towards Joo Koon
|Service||SBS Transit Bus Service 182||SBS Transit Bus Service 182M|
||Joo Koon Bus Interchange ↺ Tuas South Avenue 9 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Upp Jurong Rd, PIE, Jln Ahmad Ibrahim, Tuas Checkpoint (x2), Tuas West Dr, Tuas Sth Ave 3, 9, 5||Upp Jurong Rd, PIE, Jln Ahmad Ibrahim, Tuas West Dr, Tuas Sth Ave 3, 9, 5, Tuas Checkpoint|
|Route Length||29.9 km||29.1 km|
|Travelling Time||73 – 95 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Joo Koon
||0545 – 0915,
1210 – 1515,
2015 – 2200 (Daily)
|0925 – 1200,
1530 – 2000,
2220 – 2315 (Daily)
|0630-0830: 07 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
After 1900: 17 – 18 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 19 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 11 mins
After 1900: 11 – 19 mins
Service 182 is an industrial trunk route serving the many industries of Upper Jurong, Tuas and Tuas South with connections to Joo Koon MRT and Tuas Link MRT. Reaching far out into the developing Tuas South areas, it also passes by Tuas Bus Terminal, making it the fastest transport connection between Tuas Ter and Joo Koon Int prior to the opening of the Tuas West Extension of the East-West Line in June 2017.
During selected times of day, Service 182M will operate. Service 182M calls at Tuas Checkpoint on its return direction only, whereas Service 182 calls at Tuas Checkpoint in both directions.
Red and white plates are used to help commuters boarding from Tuas Checkpoint, as buses in both directions (towards Tuas South Ave 9 and towards Joo Koon) call at the same bus stop. Apart from the destination display of the bus before boarding, commuters can check the service plate colour displayed on the windscreen. Red Plate buses head towards Tuas South Ave 9 while White Plate buses head towards Joo Koon.
Route Shortening to Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 2 implementation (28 November 2015) shortens Service 182 and 182M to start from Joo Koon Bus Interchange, skipping existing sectors along Upper Jurong Road. At the same time, it will call at all stops along Tuas West Dr instead of plying express.
Passengers heading to destinations along Upper Jurong Road (Jurong Camp, SAFTI Military Institute, Arena Country Club, etc.) from Boon Lay Interchange can alternatively take Service 192.
MRT Stations Served:
Fleet: See Above.
- 1998 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1998 (05 Jul): Service 182 introduced by SBS; bidirectional bus route Jurong East – Tuas.
The route serves Tuas Checkpoint only in Direction 2 (Tuas → Jurong East). Route variant 182*, operating at selected times of day, will serve Tuas Checkpoint before terminating at Tuas Ter.
- 2001 (25 Feb): Shortened to start from Boon Lay.
The route serves Tuas Checkpoint only in Direction 2 (Tuas → Boon Lay). Route variant 182*, operating at selected times of day, will serve Tuas Checkpoint before terminating at Tuas Ter.
- 2002 (26 May): Services 182 & 182# merged with 183 and extended to loop at Tuas South Ave 9, and plying Jurong West St 64, Boon Lay Way, Upp Jurong Rd and PIE instead of Jln Boon Lay and Jln Ahmad Ibrahim.
- 2004 (19 Jan): Enhanced to call at all stops along Upp Jurong Rd
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 182# (182X) re-numbered service 182M.
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2013: Service improvement to Service 182 and 182M under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus (WAB) service
- 2015 (28 Nov): Route shortened to Joo Koon Bus Interchange. Express sector along Tuas West Dr removed, hence calling at all stops along Tuas West Dr.
- 2016 (04 Jan): First bus timing from Joo Koon Int brought forward to 5.45am instead of 6.00am
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.
External Links & References: