SMRT Bus Service 184 is a trunk route from Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Park and looping at Clementi MRT, passing through Cashew, Upper Bukit Timah, Clementi Road, Clementi Avenue 2/5 and Clementi MRT.
Bus Service 184 will be wheelchair-accessible from 17 Dec 2017.
|Bus Service 184: Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk ↺ Commonwealth Avenue West (Loop)
|From Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk
||Looping at C’wealth Ave West
- No boarding and alighting at Bt Panjang Temporary Bus Pk.
||Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park ↺ Commonwealth Avenue West (Loop)
|Passes Through||Cashew Rd, Upp Bukit Timah, Clementi Rd, Clementi Ave 2/5, Clementi MRT|
|Route Length||22.7 km|
|Travelling Time||90 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ulu Pandan Bus Depot (UPDEP)|
|Current Fleet||18-metre Articulated Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk
||0540 – 2300 (Weekdays)
0555 – 2300 (Saturdays, Sundays/PHs)
|0630 – 0830: 06 – 08 mins
0831 – 1659: 06 – 09 mins
1700 – 1900: 06 – 09 mins
After 1900: 07 – 11 mins
Service 184 serves between Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk and Clementi, via Upper Bukit Timah and Clementi Road. The route provides bus connections to many institutions along the Clementi Road academic belt, as well as serving residents of Clementi Avenue 5 and Cashew estates to nearby Clementi and Bukit Panjang Town Centres respectively.
This service is one of three bus routes providing the exceedingly high-demand sector between Clementi MRT and SIM/Ngee Ann Poly prior to the opening of King Albert Park MRT Station, alongside Service 52 and 154. Much of the demand on this route is from students commuting from Clementi/Bukit Panjang to Clementi Road. As such, demand is moderate to high during the day.
Formerly a Singapore Bus Service (SBS) route since 1993, the route was transferred to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS) in 1995 and has been operated by SMRT ever since. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a regular basis owing to high demand.
As part of the Bus Service Amendments for Bukit Panjang ITH Opening, Bus Service 184 will still continue to operate from Bt Panjang Temp Bus Pk with additional calling stops along Woodlands Rd despite the opening of Bukit Panjang Integrated Transport Hub on 04 Sep 2017. It will also likely be extended to Gali Batu Bus Terminal in the future.
MRT / LRT Stations Served:
- BP8 Pending
- BP14 Ten Mile Junction
- DT1BP6 Bukit Panjang
- DT2 Cashew
- DT3 Hillview
- DT5 Beauty World
- EW23 Clementi
- 1993 – 1995: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1995 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 1993: Introduced by SBS plying Bukit Panjang – Commonwealth Ave West (Clementi MRT) (Loop), via Upp Bukit Timah Rd & Clementi Rd.
- 1995 (02 Jul): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS)
- 2012 (16 Dec): Amended to start from Bukit Panjang Road with the closure of Bt Panjang Int, and buses terminate at Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park along Woodlands Road (north of Junction 10)
- 2014 (03 Feb): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 2017 (04 Sep): Calls at an additional pair of bus stops along Woodlands Road
- 2017 (17 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 1993: No significant route changes since 1993.
External Links & References: