SBS Transit Bus Service 186 is a trunk route running from Shenton Way Terminal to St. Michael’s Terminal, passing through Telok Ayer, Ganges Avenue, Queenstown MRT, Farrer, Whitley, Balestier and St. Michael’s Estate.
Bus Service 186 will be amended to serve the relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal from 25 Jun 2017.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 186: Shenton Way ↔ Saint Michael’s
Towards Saint Michael’s
186 [White Plate]
Towards Shenton Way
186 [Red Plate]
- No alighting at Shenton Way Bus Terminal
- Commuters at Jln Bahagia should check the service destination before boarding Service 186 as both service directions will call at the same stop.
- Shenton Way bound buses will display a red Service 186 plate while Saint Michael’s bound buses will display a white Service 186 plate.
||Shenton Way Bus Terminal ↔ Saint Michael’s Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Telok Ayer, Ganges Ave, Queenstown, Farrer, Whitley, Balestier, St. Michael’s Estate|
|Route Length||18.3km (D1) | 17.6km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||75 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bishan – Toa Payoh Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Braddell Bus Park (BRBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo B10TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||0600 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Saint Michael’s
||0600 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 14 – 17 mins
0831-1659: 11 – 19 mins
1700-1900: 11 – 14 mins
After 1900: 11 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 07 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 11 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 14 – 19 mins
After 1900: 15 – 19 mins
Service 186 connects St. Michael’s Estate, Balestier, Farrer and Queenstown with the City areas of Havelock, Telok Ayer and Shenton Way. Demand is moderate to low during offpeak hours, but heavy during the peak hours as residents commute to and from the City.
From St. Michael’s, Service 131 offers a faster route to Shenton Way by not going via Queenstown. No alighting is allowed at Shenton Way Terminal.
Service 186 serves the same bus stops along Jalan Bahagia in both directions. Commuters should check the bus destination signage before boarding the bus. Shenton Way bound buses will display a red Service 186 plate while Saint Michael’s bound buses will display a white Service 186 plate.
- Whitley Road (Aft Tanglin CC) → Shenton Way Ter
Weekdays: 0555hrs, 0608hrs
MRT Stations Served:
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- EW18 Redhill
- EW19 Queenstown
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- CC19DT9 Botanic Gardens
- CC20 Farrer Road
- DT18 Telok Ayer
Fleet: See Above.
- 1992 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2026 under the Bishan – Toa Payoh Route Package.
- 1992 (03 May): Introduced as a Shenton Way – Farrer Road service when 185 shortened to loop at Jln Anak Bt from Shenton Way.
- 1993 (05 Dec): Extended to St. Michael’s Terminal
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (25 Jun): Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal.
- Refer to this article
- 1993: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1993.
External Links & References: