SMRT Bus Service 187 is a trunk route linking Woodlands Temporary Interchange and Boon Lay Interchange, passing through Lakeside, Jurong West/East Avenue 1, Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Bukit Panjang, Marsiling and Woodlands. It shares the Woodlands – Boon Lay termini with Service 178, while plying the faster route.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 187: Woodlands ↔ Boon Lay
Towards Boon Lay
||Woodlands Temporary Bus Interchange ↔ Boon Lay Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Marsiling, Bukit Panjang, Bukit Batok, Jurong West/East Ave 1, Lakeside|
|Route Length||24.5 km (D1) | 24.0 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Woodlands Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
18-metre Articulated Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Woodlands||0520 – 2330 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0530 – 2345 (Sundays/PHs)
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0540 – 0000 (Weekdays, Saturdays)
0600 – 0000 (Sundays/PHs)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 06 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 12 mins
1700-1900: 06 – 13 mins
After 1900: 10 – 15 mins
|0630-0830: 07 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 11 mins
1700-1900: 06 – 09 mins
After 1900: 06 – 15 mins
Service 187 is a residential inter-town route connecting Jurong West, Bukit Batok, Bukit Gombak, Bukit Panjang and Woodlands, serving many residential areas and schools. The route experiences high demand during most of the day, and is especially well-patronized between Boon Lay and Bukit Panjang owing to inter-town connections provided, linking with Boon Lay, Lakeside and Bukit Batok MRT stations. The route shares its Bukit Panjang – Woodlands sector with Services 963 and 966 via the Bukit Timah Expressway (BKE).
Formerly a Singapore Bus Service (SBS) route since 1988, the route was transferred to Trans-Island Bus Service (TIBS) in 1995 and has been operated by SMRT ever since. High capacity double-deck and articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis. Double-Decker buses made its debut on this service in January 2015.
LRT Stations Served:
MRT Stations Served:
- Bukit Panjang Road (Blk 604) → Woodlands Temp Int
Weekdays & Sat: 0545hrs – 0625hrs
Sun/PHs: 0600hrs – 0640hrs
Fleet: See Above.
- 1988 – 1995: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 1995 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Woodlands Bus Package.
- 1988 (10 Jul): Introduced by SBS, plying between Bukit Panjang Ter and Jurong Int
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Interchange with the closure of Jurong Interchange.
- 1995 (17 Sep): Handed to Trans-Island Bus Services (TIBS)
- 1996 (10 Mar): Extended to Woodlands Regional Int as part of MRT rationalization
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2012 (29 Apr): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (12 Jan): Alexander Dennis Enviro 500 double-decker bus deployed.
- 2015 (Dec): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2016 (12 Mar): Amended to Woodlands Temp Int
- Refer to this article
- 1996: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1996.
External Links & References: