SBS Transit Bus Service 192 is a industrial trunk route running from Boon Lay Interchange to Tuas Terminal, passing through Jurong West Street 62 / 61 / 63, Pioneer MRT, Benoi Road, Gul Circle MRT Station, Tuas Avenue 1 & Tuas West Road MRT Station. It shares the Boon Lay – Tuas route destinations with Service 193.
Bus Service 192 was amended to the new Tuas Bus Terminal on 07 Oct 2017.
|Bus Service 192: Boon Lay ↔ Tuas|
From Boon Lay
||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↔ Tuas Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Jurong West St 62, Pioneer MRT, Upp Jurong Rd, Benoi Rd, Tuas Ave 1, Tuas Ave 12, Pioneer Rd, Tuas West Rd MRT Station|
|Route Length||14.0 km (D1) | 12.9 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||47 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0545 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Tuas
||0630 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 07 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 10 mins
After 1900: 07 – 14 mins
|0630-0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 13 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 09 mins
After 1900: 12 – 14 mins
Service 192 is a largely industrial route serving Tuas Link, Tuas Avenue 1 and Upp Jurong Rd with connections to Boon Lay MRT/Interchange. It also serves Pioneer MRT Station. Like most industrial routes, demand is moderate to low during offpeak hours, but high during peak hours.
Route Amendment Due to launch of Joo Koon Bus Interchange
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 2 implementation (28 November 2015) amended Service 192 to enhance connectivity between the Tuas Industrial Estate and Joo Koon MRT Station.
Service 192 and 193 had their routings between Boon Lay Interchange and Benoi Road mutually swapped. Service 192’s residential sectors (Jurong West St 64 & Jurong West Ave 4) and industrial sectors (Lok Yang Way, Pioneer Rd North) were subsequently replaced with Service 193. The new route of Service 192 plies Service 193’s old route, but replaces Jurong West Ave 4 with Jurong West St 63 instead.
Route Amendment with the opening of Tuas West MRT Extension
As part of the Bus Service Enhancements for Tuas West Extension opening, Bus Service 192 will be amended to ply Jurong West Street 62 & Jurong West Street 61, instead of plying the full stretch of Jurong West Street 63 from 18 Jun 2017. This is to replace the lost sector of Service 256 which will be withdrawn on the same day.
To enhance connectivity for industries along Tuas Avenue 1, Bus Service 192 will also be amended to ply via Tuas Avenue 12 and Pioneer Road, serving Tuas West Road MRT Station and skipping Tuas Link 4 and Tuas Avenue 7. Affected commuters travelling to Tuas Link 4 and Tuas Avenue 7 can take new Bus Service 247 at Tuas Crescent MRT Station, Tuas Link MRT Station or Tuas Bus Terminal.
MRT Stations Served:
- Tuas Avenue 1 (Aft Tuas Ave 8) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0558hrs, 0611hrs, 0624hrs
Sat: 0545hrs, 0554hrs, 0603hrs, 0612hrs, 0621hrs, 0629hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0545hrs, 0602hrs, 0619hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: See Above
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1989 (06 Nov): Introduced as a peak-hour loop service between Boon Lay Way (Lakeside MRT) and Tuas Terminal (Pioneer Rd), covering deleted sectors of service 175.
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to ply Boon Lay Interchange in both directions, and converted to full-day service
- 1990 (07 Jul): Amended to skip Tuas Rd
- 1994: Amended to loop at Tuas Ave 1 via Tuas Aves 5, 2, 4, 12 & 9.
- 1998 (02 Jan): Amended to ply Jurong West St 64 & Jurong West Ave 4 instead of Jln Boon Lay and Upp Jurong Rd
- 1999 (11 Apr): Amended to terminate at Tuas Terminal, swapping routes with service 193.
- 2001 (11 Feb): Merged with service 250 as part of the Jurong West Rationalisation, and amended to Lok Yang Way
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (28 Nov): Amended to skip Jurong West and Lok Yang as part of Joo Koon Int opening, serving Pioneer MRT and Upp Jurong Rd
- 2017 (18 Jun): Amended to ply Jurong West St 62 / St 61 to replace lost sectors of Service 256 and amended to serve Tuas West Road MRT Station for better connectivity.
- 2017 (07 Oct): Amended to relocated Tuas Bus Terminal above Tuas MRT Depot
- Refer to this article
- 2017: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2017.
External Links & References:
Back to Bus Services