SBS Transit Bus Service 193 is a industrial trunk route running from Boon Lay Interchange to Tuas Terminal, passing through Jurong West Avenue 4, Lok Yang, Tuas Avenues 5, 2, 4, 9 & 12 and Tuas West Road. It shares the Boon Lay – Tuas route destinations with Service 192.
Bus Service 193 will serve an additional pair of new bus stops at Tuas West Road MRT Station from 18 Jun 2017.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 193: Boon Lay ↔ Tuas
Towards Boon Lay
||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↔ Tuas Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Jurong West St 64, Jurong West Ave 4, Pioneer Rd North, Lok Yang Way, Tuas Ave 5/2/3/4/9/12, Tuas West Rd|
|Route Length||15.7 km (D1) | 16.2 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo Olympian
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Tuas
||0650 – 0000 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 06 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 19 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 18 mins
After 1900: 07 – 19 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 18 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 19 mins
1700-1900: 07 – 09 mins
After 1900: 08 – 18 mins
Service 193 is a largely industrial bus route serving Jurong West Avenue 4 and the Jurong and Tuas Industrial estates, linking these areas to transport nodes at Joo Koon, Pioneer and Boon Lay. Within the industrial estates, Bus Service 193 serves Lok Yang Way, Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Tuas Avenues 5, 3 and 9, Tuas West Road and Tuas West Drive.
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Bus Service 193 was last amended on 28 November 2015 when its routing between Boon Lay Interchange and Benoi Road was mutually swapped with Service 192.
Like most industrial routes, demand is moderate to low during off-peak hours, but high during peak hours.
MRT Stations Served:
- Tuas West Road (Bef Pioneer Rd) → Boon Lay
Weekdays: 0545hrs, 0609hrs, 0632hrs
- 1994 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1994: Introduced as a loop service between Boon Lay and Tuas West Dr.
- 1998 (02 Jan): Extended to Tuas Ter, and amended to ply Jurong West St 64 & Jurong West Ave 4 instead of Jln Boon Lay and Upp Jurong Rd
- 1999 (11 Apr): Swapped routes with service 192
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH).
- 2015 (28 Nov): Amended to ply Lok Yang and Jln Ahmad Ibrahim instead of Upp Jurong Rd and PIE as part of Joo Koon Bus Int opening Bus Routes Amendment.
- 2017 (13 Feb): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2017 (18 Jun): Calls at an additional pair of new bus stops at Tuas West Road MRT Station
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.