SBS Transit Bus Service 199 is a trunk route running between Boon Lay and Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Along with Service 179, it is one of two SBST routes to serve NTU, but operates at lower frequencies.
Service 199 will call at Bus Stop 27071: Nanyang Cres Halls along Nanyang Cres from 23 Jul 2017.
|Bus Service 199: Boon Lay ↺ Nanyang Cres (Loop)
|From Boon Lay
||Looping at Nanyang Cres
||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Nanyang Crescent (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jln Bahar, Nanyang Ave, Nanyang Dr|
|Route Length||11.1 km|
|Travelling Time||50 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0600 – 0000 (Weekdays & Saturdays)
0630 – 0020 (Sundays & Public Holidays)
|0630-0830: 04 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 16 mins
1700-1900: 06 – 08 mins
After 1900: 06 – 15 mins
Service 199 is one of two SBS Transit routes serving within Nanyang Technological University (NTU), providing bus connections to and from Boon Lay Town Centre. The route also serves residents of Wenya and Jurong West Central 1.
The route experiences comparatively lower demand from students and staff of NTU since most of its route serves the University residential halls rather than faculty buildings. Demand is moderate throughout the day.
MRT Station Served:
- EW27 Boon Lay
- 1979 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1978 (03 Jul): Introduced as Jurong Int – Nanyang Dr (Loop), serving Nanyang University
- 1979 (01 Oct): Amended to ply Corporation Rd, Jurong Rd and Upp Jurong Rd
- ???: Extension of operation days to include Sundays and Public Holidays
- 1989 (22 Oct): Amended to ply Yuan Ching Road and Boon Lay Way (Lakeside MRT) instead of Corporation Road.
- 1990 (01 Jul): Shortened to Boon Lay Int with the closure of Jurong Int.
- 2001 (Jan): Amended to skip parts of Nanyang Dr with the introduction of 179.
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int
- 2008 (01 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to ply Jurong West Central 1, skipping bus stops along Jln Boon Lay
- 2010 (08 May): Amended to Boon Lay Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2016 (13 Nov): Calls at Opp Nanyang Ave along Jalan Bahar.
- 2017 (23 Jul): Calls at an additional bus stop at Nanyang Cres Halls along Nanyang Cres.
- Refer to this article
- 2009: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2009.
External Links & References: