Go-Ahead Bus Service 2 is a trunk service plying between Changi Village and New Bridge Road, passing through Upper Changi Road North, Simpang Bedok, Sims Avenue / Geylang Road, Bugis and Chinatown. It duplicates the East-West Line between Bugis and Tanah Merah.
The route is one of the oldest in the region, with much of its original routing retained since the 1970s.
|Route||Changi Village Terminal ↔ New Bridge Road Terminal|
|Passes Through||Changi Village, Upper Changi, Tanah Merah, Bedok, Paya Lebar, Geylang, Bugis, Chinatown|
|Route Length||25.2km (D1) | 25.4km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||95 mins|
|GCM Route Package
||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Changi Village
||0520hrs – 2345hrs (Weekdays & Sat)
0545hrs – 2345hrs (Sundays & PHs)
|Departure Times from New Bridge Rd
||0545hrs – 2400hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||0630-0830: 09 – 10 mins (D1), 08 – 13 mins (D2)
0831-1659: 08 – 16 mins (D1), 07 – 17 mins (D2)
1700-1930: 09 – 18 mins (D1), 09 – 10 mins (D2)
After 1930: 14 – 18 mins (D1), 14 – 18 mins (D2)
Service 2 is a major trunk route linking the suburban and residential areas of Changi Village, Simpang Bedok and Eunos to the central areas of Chinatown, Clarke Quay, Bugis and Kallang. Even though a large portion of Service 2 duplicates the East-West MRT Line, it continues to receive considerable demand, both during peak and off-peak periods by shuttling commuters over short distances without having to transfer to the MRT.
Service 2 is currently the service with the lowest numerical value for its route number, after Service 1 was withdrawn in the past. The route was handed over from SBS Transit to Go-Ahead on 18 Sep 2016, with departure timings from Changi Village brought forward.
- Sims Ave (aft Lorong 1 Geylang) → Changi Village Ter
Weekdays 0540hrs, 0549hrs, 0558hrs
Saturdays: 0540hrs, 0552hrs
- Upper Changi Link (aft Upp Changi Rd) → Changi Village Ter
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0542hrs, 0554hrs, 0606hrs
Saturdays: 0530hrs, 0545hrs, 0600hrs
- New Upp Changi Road (Bedok Stn) → Changi Village Ter
Weekdays AM Peak
- New Upp Changi Road (Tanah Merah Stn) → Changi Village Ter
Sundays & PH: 0620hrs
Fare: See Fare Table
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- Tanah Merah
- Paya Lebar
- Clarke Quay
- Outram Park
- Upper Changi (U/C)
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced as part of the 1971 Bus Reorganization, running between Changi Point and Commonwealth Avenue/North Buona Vista Road and operated by Associated Bus Services Ltd
- 1973: Operated by Singapore Bus Services (SBS)
- 1975: Amended to New Changi Rd (now called New Upp Changi Rd).
- 1980: Amended to Jln Bt Merah and Kg Bahru Rd in both directions, skipping Outram Rd, Tiong Bahru Rd and Henderson Rd.
- 1981: Route amended to Buona Vista Ter
- 1983: Route amended to Changi Village Ter
- 1992 (29 Nov): Shortened to terminate at New Bridge Road.
- 1994: Route straightened to Victoria St, New Bridge Rd & Eu Tong Sen St, skipping Crawford St and North / South Bridge Rd,
- 2007: Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service enhancement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2013 (29 Dec): Diverted to Upper Changi Link with the permanent closure of a section of Upper Changi Rd.
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. Departure timings from Changi Village (0530hrs on Weekdays & Sat, 0600hrs on Sun/PHs) brought forward to 0520hrs on Weekdays & Sat, 0545hrs on Sun/PHs
- Refer to this article
- 2013: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2013.
- While road names have changed over many years of redevelopment, the general pattern of the bus route is similar
- 1971 – 1973: Associated Bus Services Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021.