SBST Feeder Bus Service 242 is a Feeder service operating from Boon Lay Interchange and looping at Jurong West Avenue 5, passing through Jurong West Central 1 and Jurong West Avenue 4.
|Route||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong West Avenue 5 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jurong West Ctrl 1, Jurong West Ave 4|
|Travelling Time||35 – 40 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Boon Lay||0600hrs – 0040hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Looping Point||From Jurong West Street 72 (West Grove Pr Sch):
0500hrs – 0049hrs (Daily)
|0630-0830: 06 – 07 mins
0831-1659: 06 – 10 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 09 mins
After 1930: 07 – 10 mins
Feeder Service 242 serves residents and schools around Jurong West Neighbourhoods 6, 7 and 8 with connections to Jurong West Town Centre. Plying Jurong West Avenues 4 and 5, Service 242 does not duplicate other routes to Boon Lay Interchange, making it a unique connection within its catchment areas.
- Jurong West Street 72 (West Grove Pr Sch) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 0500hrs – 0600hrs (8 trips)
Saturdays: 0500hrs – 0600hrs (7 trips)
Sundays/PHs: 0500hrs – 0600hrs (5 trips)
MRT Stations served by the route:
Fare: Fares for Feeder Services are capped at 3.2km. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1989: Introduced as Boon Lay Way (Lakeside MRT) – Jurong West St 91(Loop)
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to start from Boon Lay Interchange.
- 1991: With the introduction of service 243, 242 was amended to ply the whole stretch of Upp Jurong Rd (present Jurong West Ave 4) and skips Jurong West Ave 5 & Jurong West St 72.
- 1992: With the amendment of service 243 to serve Pioneer Rd North, the service was amended back to its original route from Boon Lay to Jurong West St 91.
- 2006 (18 Jun): Amended to Boon Lay Temp Int along Jurong West St 64
- 2009 (15 Mar): Shortened to loop at Jurong West St 71 and skipping Jurong West St 91 & 92, with a new Service 241 covering lost sectors.
- 2009 (27 Dec): Amended to air-conditioned Boon Lay Int, and at the same time, amended to Jurong West Central 1
- 2010 (28 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2013: Calls at new bus stop at Jurong West St 71 (Blk 711)
- 2014 (Mar): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial
- 2015 (04 May): Last bus extended to 0040hrs daily
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 1990: Boon Lay Int, Jurong West Ctrl 3, Jurong West Ctrl 2, Boon Lay Way, Jln Boon Lay, Upp Jurong Rd (now Jurong West Ave 4), Jurong West St 72, Jurong West Ave 5, Jurong West St 71, Upp Jurong Rd (now Jurong West Ave 4), Jln Boon Lay, Boon Lay Way, Jurong West Ctrl 2, Jurong West Ctrl 3, Boon lay Int
- 1991: Boon Lay Int, Jurong West Ctrl 3, Jurong West Ctrl 2, Boon Lay Way, Jln Boon Lay, Upp Jurong Rd (now Jurong West Ave 4), Jurong West St 72, Jurong West Ave 5, Pioneer Rd Nth, Jurong West St 91, Jurong West St 92, Jurong West St 91, Pioneer Rd Nth, Jurong West Ave 5, Jurong West St 72, Upp Jurong Rd (now Jurong West Ave 4), Jln Boon Lay, Boon Lay Way, Jurong West Ctrl 2, Jurong West Ctrl 3, Boon lay Int
- 1992: Same as 1990
- 2009: Current routing. Last major amendment in 1992.
External Links & References: