|Bus Service 251: Boon Lay ↺ Shipyard Road (Loop)|
|From Boon Lay||Looping at Shipyard Rd|
||Boon Lay Bus Interchange ↺ Shipyard Rd (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Boon Lay Way, Pioneer Rd North, Tg Kling Rd|
|Route Length||13.0 km|
|Travelling Time||50 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Jurong West Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Boon Lay
||0545hrs – 2325hrs (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 08 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 09 – 11 mins
After 1900: 11 – 18 mins
Service 251 serves the industrial areas around Shipyard Road within the Jurong Industrial Estate, connecting them to Jurong West Town Centre. The route serves many shipbuilding industries, and offers scenic views of ExxonMobil’s Jurong refinery.
As an industrial service, demand is high during the peak hours, and relatively low during off-peak hours.
Route Amendment due to Joo Koon Bus Interchange Opening
As part of the Joo Koon Bus Interchange opening and accompanying Jurong Industrial Estate route amendments, Phase 3 implementation (12 December 2015) amended Service 251 to serve Boon Lay Way and Pioneer Rd North from 12 December 2015, replacing deleted Service 254 sectors when it was relocated to Joo Koon.
Also as part of the amendment, Service 251 was shortened to loop at Shipyard Road instead of Benoi Road, with the deleted sector in Benoi Road replaced by Service 253 from Joo Koon. The deleted Jln Ahmad Ibrahim sector was replaced by Service 194 from Boon Lay.
As Service 251 serves Shipyard Road and Tanjong Kling Road in one direction only, a total of 9 bus stops along these two roads (formally served by Service 251 towards Benoi Rd) have been abolished. Affected commuters along Shipyard Road and Tanjong Kling Road should board and alight from Service 251 at the bus stops opposite the abolished bus stops.
MRT Stations Served
- EW27 Boon Lay
- Pioneer Rd North (S’pore Post) → Boon Lay Int
Weekdays: 0555hrs, 0608hrs
Saturdays: 0555hrs, 0607hrs
Sundays / Public Holidays: 0555hrs
- 1978 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Jurong West Bus Package.
- 1978 (01 Jun): Introduced as Jurong Int – Refinery Road (Loop), with opening of Jurong Interchange
- 1990 (1 Jul): Amended to Boon Lay Int – Refinery Road (Loop) when Jurong Int closed
- 2001 (11 Feb): Merged with service 253 and amended to loop at Benoi Rd via Tg Kling Rd under Jurong West Rationalisation. Deleted sectors covered by 254
- 2003: Amended to skip Liu Fang Rd1
- 2011: Air-conditioned buses deployed
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (12 Dec): Joo Koon Bus Int Opening Route Amendments – Amended to ply Boon Lay Way and Pioneer Rd North, covering deleted sector of Service 254, and shortened to loop at Shipyard Rd. Deleted sectors covered by Service 194 & 253
- 2016 (25 Jan): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.