SBS Transit Townlink Service 291 is a Townlink service operating from Tampines Interchange and looping at Tampines Street 81 and Street 33, passing through Tampines Street 83, 84, 21 and 23. It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Tampines Interchange twice in a single trip.
Route Variant Peak Period Short Service 291P has been withdrawn since 01 Sep 2016.
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↺ Tampines Street 81 & Street 33 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Tampines Street 83, 84 (West Loop), 21, 23 (East Loop)|
|Travelling Time||60 – 65 mins|
|BCM Route Package
||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Changi Bus Park (CGBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck bus:
– Volvo B9TL
– Volvo B10TL
12-metre Single Deck bus:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Tampines (West Loop)||0530 – 0045 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Tampines (East Loop)||0530 – 0106 (Weekdays)
0530 – 0104 (Weekends/PHs)
|0630-0830: 03 – 07 mins
0831-1659: 03 – 13 mins
1700-1930: 03 – 10 mins
After 1930: 02 – 16 mins
Townlink Service 291 serves residents and schools around Tampines Neighbourhoods 7 and 8 on the West Loop, and Neighbourhoods 2 and 3 on the East Loop, connecting both ends of its route to Tampines Regional Centre.
A full trip of Service 291 will first ply the West Loop followed by the East Loop, while calling at Tampines Interchange between loops. Terminating trips will display red “T” sign to indicate that the bus will no longer continue its journey after Tampines Interchange.
From Tampines Interchange, different boarding berths are used for the East and West loop respectively. Passengers should check the service direction before boarding the bus.
In 2014, a PPSS variant of this route, 291P, was introduced. It duplicates 291’s East Loop and operates during weekday peak hours only. The service was withdrawn from 1 Sep 2016 as part of Changes to PPSS in Sep 2016.
During Eves of Public Holidays, last bus timings are extended to 1:05am to complement the extension of train operating hours.
- Tampines Interchange → Tampines Interchange via Tampines St 33 (East Loop)
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0538hrs, 0546hrs + AM Peak & PM Peak Hours
Saturdays: 0530hrs, 0538hrs, 0546hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0530hrs, 0542hrs
- Tampines Street 32 (Opp Blk 331) → Tampines Interchange
Peak Period Short Service Variant (Withdrawn):
- Peak Period Short Service 291P:
Tampines Int ↺ Tampines Street 32 / 33
Introduced 24 Jun 2014 , duplicates east loop of Service 291. Withdrawn since 01 Sep 2016.
Fleet: See above.
|Loop Service (via Tampines Int)|
MRT Stations Served by this bus service:
- 1994 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 1994: Introduced by SBS as feeder Service 291, Tampines Int – Tampines St 32/33 (Loop)
- 1996 (06 Jul): Combined with Service 295 to form Townlink 291
- 2003 (30 Nov): Extended coverage to Tampines Ave 3, Avenue 8 (express) and Tampines St 84 before turning back to Tampines St 83.
- 2009 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus service (WAB)
- 2011 (04 Jul): Reintroduction of double decker buses.
- 2014 (24 Jun): Launch of route variant Peak Period Short Service 291P
- 2016 (01 Sep): Peak Period Short Service 291P withdrawn
- 1996 (West Loop): Tampines Int, Tampines Ave 5, Tampines St 83, Tampines Ave 3, Tampines St 81, Tampines St 83, Tampines Ave 5, Tampines Int
- 2003: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2003.
External Links & References: