Go-Ahead Bus Service 3 is a trunk service connecting the residential estates of Tampines, Pasir Ris and Punggol. It is also one of the few non-loop routes in Singapore to use a bus interchange as an intermediate stop along its route (Pasir Ris Int).
Go-Ahead Bus Service 3 will call at a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
|Bus Service 3: Tampines ↔ Punggol|
|Route||Tampines Bus Interchange ↔ Punggol Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Tampines Street 21, Tampines Ave 2, Pasir Ris Dr 1, Pasir Ris Dr 4, Pasir Ris Dr 12, Punggol East|
|Route Length||19.0 km (D1) | 19.7 km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||80 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore
(Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Tampines||Full Route:
0505hrs – 2335hrs (Weekdays)
0515hrs – 2336hrs (Saturdays)
0515hrs – 2339hrs (Sundays / Public Holidays)
Service 3A – Terminating at Pasir Ris Dr 12 (Blk 747A):
|Departure Times from Punggol||0540hrs – 0036hrs (Weekdays)
0550hrs – 0036hrs (Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 07 – 11 mins
0830hrs – 1600hrs: 09 – 14 mins
1600hrs – 1900hrs: 08 – 09 mins
After 1900hrs: 12 – 14 mins
|0630hrs – 0830hrs: 08 – 10 mins
0830hrs – 1600hrs: 09 – 15 mins
1600hrs – 1900hrs: 09 – 12 mins
After 1900hrs: 12 – 17 mins
Service 3 was introduced in 2002 from the merger of Feeders 294 and 357, plying between Tampines and Pasir Ris before being extended to Punggol in 2003. It is a residential trunk route serving the regional centres of Punggol, Pasir Ris and Tampines estates, and incorporating a short express sector along the Tampines Expressway (TPE) between Pasir Ris and Punggol.
As remnants of its Feeder past, Service 3 continues to be the sole service running through Tampines St 21, Pasir Ris St 21 and Pasir Ris St 71, hence linking these neighbourhoods with Tampines Regional Centre or Pasir Ris Town Centre.
Due to the lack of alternative routes along Tampines St 21, Pasir Ris St 21 and Pasir Ris St 71, this route partially takes up the role of connecting commuters to the town centre in Pasir Ris New Town and regional centre in Tampines New Town. It also complements the passenger demands of Service 83 within Punggol New Town. Between Pasir Ris Dr 12 and Punggol Rd, this route uses the Tampines Expressway (TPE) to connect to and from Pasir Ris and Punggol.
This service also plies different routings in the forward and reverse direction around Tampines Street 21 and 23. Commuters are advised to be aware of the bus stops served.
Service 3 is a wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB) since 26 Oct 2009. It received additional buses under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) progressively from 2013 onwards. In 2014, the Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) was implemented on this route for a two-year trial. On 7 September 2015, double-decker buses were deployed, following years of complaints about overloading.
As part of the DTL3 Bus Service Enhancements, Service 3 calls at a new pair of bus stops along Tampines Ave 2, at Tampines East MRT Station from 21 Oct 2017.
- Pasir Ris Drive 12 (Aft TPE) → Tampines Int
Weekdays: 0525hrs, 0538hrs, 0551hrs
Saturdays: 0525hrs, 0540hrs, 0555hrs
Sunday/PHs: 0525hrs, 0541hrs, 0557hrs
- Pasir Ris Dr 1 (Blk 738) → Tampines Int
Weekdays: AM Peak
- Pasir Ris Interchange → Tampines Int
Daily: 0515hrs, 0527hrs
- Tampines Avenue 7 (Tampines JC/Opp Blk 390) → Punggol Int
- Service 3A: Tampines Interchange → Pasir Ris Drive 12 (Blk 747A)
– Weekday afternoons & evening peak
– Daily after the last bus of Service 3
Weekdays & Sat: 2347hrs, 2359hrs, 0011hrs, 0023hrs, 0035hrs (5 trips)
Weekends & PHs: 2353hrs, 0007hrs, 0021hrs, 0035hrs (4 trips)
- Service 3B: Pasir Ris Dr 1 (Blk 738) → Pasir Ris Interchange
– Weekdays AM Peak
- 07 Aug 2002 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 – Present: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021, under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2002 (7 Aug): Introduced by SBS Transit as Tampines – Pasir Ris Street 71 (Loop), formed by the merger of existing services 294 and 357. Route number re-used for the second time.
- 2003 (19 Aug): Extended to loop at Punggol Central via Tampines Expressway
- 2003 (30 Nov): Extended to terminate at Punggol (Temp) Int, now a bidirectional route
- 2014 (Mar): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for a two-year trial.
- 2014 (24 Aug): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along the slip road of Tampines Expressway near Punggol Flyover
- 2015 (05 Jun): BSRF trial extended to Aug 2016
- 2015 (07 Sep): Start of Double-Decker bus deployments
- 2015 (12 Dec): Route amendment due to realignment of Pasir Ris Ctrl & extension of Pasir Ris Dr 8
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. First bus brought forward from 5.15am to 5.05am from Punggol Int on Weekdays.
- 2017 (21 Oct): Calls a new pair of bus stops at Tampines East MRT Station.
- Refer to this article
- 2015: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2015.
External Links & References: