SBS Transit Bus Service 33 is a trunk service plying between Bedok and Kent Ridge, passing through Joo Chiat, Old Airport, Bugis, Chinatown, Tiong Bahru, AYE and Dover Road.
|Route||Bedok Bus Interchange ↔ Kent Ridge Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Joo Chiat, Old Airport, Bugis, Chinatown, Tiong Bahru, Dover|
|Route Length||25.1km (D1) | 26.0km (D2)|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)
|Current Fleet||Volvo B10M Mark IV
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||0545 – 2345 (Weekdays)
0550 – 2345 (Saturday)
0600 – 2345 (Sundays/PH)
|Departure Times from T2||0600 – 2345 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 10 – 17 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 15 – 16 mins
After 1930: 11 – 18 mins
|0630-0830: 09 – 16 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 09 – 20 mins
After 1930: 13 – 16 mins
Like its sister Service 32, Service 33 spans East to West, linking Bedok with Buona Vista and surrounding areas. From Bedok, the route passes through Telok Kurau, Joo Chiat, Old Airport, Kallang, Bugis, Clarke Quay and Chinatown, continuing west to Tiong Bahru, Redhill, AYE, Dover and Kent Ridge. As an inter-town route, demand is good and spread out through the route.
During peak hours, demand is high between AYE, Alexandra and Tiong Bahru, hence the need for Shortworking trip 33A. Residents of Joo Chiat and Telok Kurau frequently rely on this route for connections to nearby Kembangan and Dakota MRT stations. Within the central areas, Service 33’s direct routing between Outram Park and Lavender makes it a popular route between the two areas, while serving Clarke Quay, Bras Basah and Bugis. As such, the route encounters moderate to high demand throughout the day.
Due to road constraints, double-decker buses are not deployed on this route.
- Dunman Road (Maranatha Hall) → Kent Ridge Ter
Weekdays: 0540hrs, 0555hrs
Saturdays: 0540hrs, 0554hrs
- Alexandra Road (Alexandra Hospital) → Bedok Int
Weekdays: 0540hrs, 0607hrs
- Dunman Road (Opp Maranatha Hall) → Bedok Int
- Service 33A: Kent Ridge Terminal → Tiong Bahru Road (Blk 1)
Weekdays Evening Peak only
- Service 33B: Bedok Interchange → Joo Chiat Place (Opp Tembeling Rd)
Operates only on Sundys which fall on the 1st & 15th day on the Lunar Calender
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 33′s fleet comprises of single-deck Volvo B10M MkIV, Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses. Double-deck buses are not deployed likely due to route constraints around Joo Chiat.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|
- 1971 – 1973: Amalgamated Bus Company Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced as part of the 1971 Bus Reorganization, ran from Changi Rd (near Siglap Rd) and Clementi Rd (opposite Jln Bendera) under Amalgamated Bus Company Ltd
- 1973: Operated by Singapore Bus Services (SBS)
- 1978: Extended to Chai Chee Ter
- 1979: Amended to serve Telok Kurau and Pasir Panjang
- 1981: Amended to Kent Ridge Ter
- 1985: Amended to Bedok Int
- 1988: Skipped Portsdown Rd with the opening of the Buona Vista Flyover
- 2005 (26 Jun): Amended to Sims Way between Kallang and Guillemard Rd, skipping Mountbatten Rd due to road realignment works in the area
- 2011 (19 Nov): Amended to Bedok Temp Int
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (30 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Bedok Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- Refer to this article
- 1988: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1993.