Go-Ahead Bus Service 43M is a trunk service plying between Punggol Interchange and looping at Serangoon Central, passing through Sengkang East Road, Buangkok MRT, Buangkok Green and Yio Chu Kang Road. It is a route variant of Service 43, introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP) and was launched on Sunday, 16 November 2014.
Service 43M will call at a new pair of bus stops (Opp Blk 293D & Blk 286B) along Sengkang East Rd from 13 Nov 2016.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go Ahead Singapore) has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 4 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Service 43M: Punggol ↺ Serangoon Central (Loop)
||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Serangoon Central (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Sengkang East Rd, Buangkok MRT, Buangkok Green, Yio Chu Kang Rd|
|Route Length||18.7 km|
|Travelling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore (Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd)|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Punggol
||0550hrs – 2305hrs (Daily)|
|0530-0830: 10 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 12 – 17 mins
After 1900: 14 – 18 mins
Service 43M is a supplementary route of Service 43, duplicating its parent service between Punggol Bus Interchange and Serangoon Central. It relieves demand and improves reliability of bus services for commuters along Service 43’s most crowded stretches of route. It was launched on Sunday, 16 November 2014.
The service operates daily from 5.50am to 11.05pm, serving residential areas around Punggol Way, Sengkang East Road, Sengkang Central, Buangkok Green, Yio Chu Kang Road and Serangoon Central. It will provide better access to key transport nodes such as Punggol and Serangoon Bus Interchanges, Punggol, Buangkok and Serangoon MRT Stations, amenities such as Ren Ci Hospital & Medicare Centre, Serangoon Sports & Recreation Centre and NEX as well as schools such as Hougang Secondary and Hougang Primary.
Shortworking trip 43A, which plied from Buangkok Green to Serangoon Central, was withdrawn after the introduction of 43M due to duplicating sectors. So were evening downroutes of Service 43 which started from Serangoon Central to Punggol Interchange.
While Service 43M serves Boundary Road, it skips the bus stop outside Serangoon Stadium (63149 S’goon Stadium) as its parent Service 43 does not serve that stretch of road (it was later amended to call at that stop from 24 Jan 2016). All bus stops along Service 43M’s route are also served by Service 43.
MRT Stations served by this route:
LRT Stations served by this route:
- Service 43: Punggol Bus Interchange ↔ Upper East Coast Bus Terminal
- 16 Nov 2014 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2014 (16 Nov): Introduced between Punggol Int and Serangoon Ctrl under LTA’s Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014 (07 Dec): Calls at a pair of new bus stops along Punggol Central (Blk 264 / Opp Blk 264)
- 2015 (30 Aug): Calls at a pair of new bus stops along Punggol Way
- 2016 (24 Jan): Calls at 63149 Boundary Rd – Serangoon Stadium
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2016 (13 Nov): Calls at a new pair of bus stops along Sengkang East Rd (Opp Blk 293D / Blk 286B)
External Links & References: