SBS Transit Bus Service 45 is a trunk service plying between Upper East Coast and Ang Mo Kio Depot, passing through Bedok, Eunos, Lor Ah Soo, Serangoon, Ang Mo Kio and Yio Chu Kang.
|Bus Service 45: Upper East Coast ↔ Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot|
From Upp East Coast
From Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
- No boarding & alighting at Ang Mo Kio St 63 – Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot
||Upper East Coast Bus Terminal ↔ Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (SBS Transit)|
|Passes Through||Bedok North Rd, Lor Ah Soo, Hougang Ave 3, Serangoon Ave 2, Ang Mo Kio, Yio Chu Kang|
|Route Length||21.1 km (D1) | 21.2 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||95 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)
Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-Metre Double-Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-Metre Single-Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Upp East Coast
||0600hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Ang Mo Kio Depot
||0600hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 08 – 16 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 18 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 13 mins
After 1900: 08 – 18 mins
|0630-0830: 11 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 19 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 10 mins
After 1900: 16 – 18 mins
Introduced in 2006, Service 45 is an inter-town route connecting the residential towns of Yio Chu Kang, Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon, Lor Ah Soo, Bedok North and Upper East Coast. Much of its demand arises during the peak hours, as many commute to industrial areas near Ubi and Kaki Bukit.
This route links residents of Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 with Yio Chu Kang and Serangoon MRT stations. High demand between Serangoon MRT and Lorong Ah Soo results in the deployment of Shortworking trip 45A during AM Peak hours, and it serves alongside Service 53 and its route variant 53M. . This route also supplements Bedok North and Bedok Road with connections to Tanah Merah MRT in addition to services 17 and 14 respectively.
Service 45 plies a short express sector along the PIE between Jln Eunos and Bedok North Rd, along with Express 854E. It is also one of four services to terminate at SBS Transit’s Ang Mo Kio Depot.
MRT Stations Served
- Lor Ah Soo (Opp Blk 115) → Ang Mo Kio Depot
Weekdays: 0605hrs, 0617hrs, 0629hrs, 0807hrs
- Jalan Eunos (Eunos Mans) → Upper East Coast Ter
Weekdays: 0645hrs, 0647hrs, 0713hrs
Short Trip Service
- Service 45A: Lorong Ah Soo (Opp Blk 115) → Upper S’goon Road (S’goon Stn)
Weekdays AM Peak only
- 2006 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 2006 (26 Dec): Introduced between Upp East Coast Ter & Ang Mo Kio Depot. Via Ang Mo Kio Ave 10, Serangoon Ave 2, Lor Ah Soo, Jln Eunos & Bedok North Rd.
- 2010 (28 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- Refer to this article
- 2006: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2006.