SBS Transit Express 506 is an Express service running between Jurong East and Upper East Coast, passing through Bukit Batok, Toa Payoh, Bedok Reservoir and Bedok North.
Bus Service 506 will call at relocated bus stop along Bukit Batok Rd from 23 Apr 2017.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 506: Jurong East ↔ Upper East Coast
Towards Upp East Coast
Towards Jurong East
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↔ Upper East Coast Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Bukit Batok, Toa Payoh, Bedok Reservoir, Bedok North|
|Route Length||34.2km (D1) | 35.1km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||95 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Bedok Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)
Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||0600 – 2200 (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Upp East Coast
||0600 – 2330 (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 12 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 12 – 22 mins
1700-1900: 16 – 23 mins
After 1900: 18 – 24 mins
|0630-0830: 15 – 19 mins
0831-1659: 15 – 22 mins
1700-1900: 13 – 18 mins
After 1900: 17 – 21 mins
Spanning East and West, Express service 506 plies between the residential estates of Jurong East and Upper East Coast, via Bukit Batok, Toa Payoh, Bedok Reservoir and Bedok North. It incorporates an express sector along the PIE between Bukit Batok and Toa Payoh, as well as between Kim Keat Link and Jalan Eunos.
Much of the express sectors of this route plies the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE), however buses may ply alternative routes along the Express sector subject to traffic conditions.
Despite being an express route, other basic bus services compliment the route over various sectors. Service 985 connects Bukit Batok with Jln Toa Payoh also via PIE, Services 5 and 59 connect Lorong 6 Toa Payoh / Jln Toa Payoh to Jln Eunos and Service 46 connect between Bedok North Ave 3 and Upper East Coast.
- 1998 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Bedok Bus Package.
- 1998: Introduced between Jurong East Int and Bedok Int
- 2000: Extended to Changi Airport
- 2002 (15 Sep): Shortened back to Bedok Int
- 2006 (12 Nov): Extended to Upper East Coast, calling at additional bus stops along Bedok North Ave 3, New Upp Changi Rd & Bedok South Ave 3
- 2012 (30 Sep): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2015 (09 Mar): Start of Double Deckers being deployed on this service
- 2017 (23 Apr): Calls at relocated bus stop 43453 Aft PIE along Bukit Batok Rd
- Refer to this article
- 2006: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2006.
External Links & References: