SBS Transit Express 513 is an AM/PM-Peak Express service between Tampines West and Shenton Way, passing through Tampines Avenue 1 and Marina Bay. It is a peak hour route introduced under the Bus Services Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
AM Departure timings for Express Bus Service 513 were revised from 09 Jan 2017.
Join our Telegram Channel for the latest transport updates!
RouteRoute Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 513: Tampines Ave 5 ↔ Shenton Way / CBD
Towards Shenton Way / CBD
|Route||[AM]: Tampines Avenue 5 (Darul Ghufran Mque) → Shenton Way (Opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Road (Hub Synergy Pt) → Tampines Avenue 5 (Opp Darul Ghufran Mque)
|Passes Through||Tampines St 83, Tampines Ave 1, ECP, Marina Bay|
|Route Length||25.3km (D1) | 24.5km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||63 mins (AM Peak) | 64 – 66 mins (PM Peak)|
|BCM Route Package||Tampines Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Bedok North Bus Depot (BNDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Decker Bus
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Decker Bus
– Scania K230UB
|Departure Times from Tampines Ave 5
||0720 0732 0745 (Weekdays, 3 trips)|
|Departure Times from Anson Rd||1815 1830 (Weekdays | 2 trips)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|AM Peak: 12 – 13 mins||PM Peak: 15 mins|
Express Bus Service 513 plies between the residential estate of Tampines West and the city area of Marina Bay and Shenton Way. Introduced as the fifth new service under the Bus Services Enhancement Programme, it provides direct connections to the city during peak hours, with journey times comparable to taking the MRT and transferring to a feeder bus route. It incorporates an express sector between Tampines Avenue 1 and Downtown/Marina Bay, via Simei Avenue, Xilin Avenue and East Coast Parkway (ECP).
This service operates every weekday (except Public Holidays), with three trips from Tampines in the morning and two return trips from Anson Road to Tampines in the evening. Buses may ply alternative routes along the Express sector subject to traffic conditions. During special occasions such as Christmas Eve and New Years’ Eve, return trip timings may be brought forward to afternoon (1pm).
An additional morning trip from Tampines to the CBD using a single-decker bus was added from 12 Jan 2015 to cope with the growing demand for this service.
Apart from Express 513, Premium 554 and Premium 736 also offer direct services to Shenton Way, but charges higher fares ($3.00 – $3.80).
Departure timings were revised on 9 Jan 2017 to cater to commuters with earlier working hours in the CBD.
- From Darul Ghufran Mque, Tampines Ave 5 [Effective 09 Jan 2017]: 0720hrs, 0732hrs, 0745hrs
- From Hub Synergy Point, Anson Rd:
MRT Stations served:
Fleet: See Above
- 2012 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2024 under the Tampines Bus Package.
- 2012 (17 Dec): Introduced under the BSEP between Tampines Ave 5 and Shenton Way
- 2013 (31 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2013 (29 Dec): Express sector amended to ECP, Sheares Avenue & Marina St.
- 2014 (28 Sep): Route Amendments in Marina South Area: Bus stop 03539 along Central Blvd relocated & Express sector route amended to not ply Marina Street and Marina Station Road.
- 2015 (12 Jan): Additional morning departure at 0738hrs from Tampines Ave 5 added.
- 2017 (09 Jan): AM Departure timings revised to 0720, 0732 & 0745 from 0730, 0738 & 0745.
External Links & References: