SBS Transit Nite Owl 5N is a unidirectional overnight route running from Marina Centre to Jurong West, passing through City Hall, Clarke Quay, Zion Road, Orchard Road, Farrer Road, Clementi, Jurong East and Jurong West. It is one of six Nite Owl routes operated by SBS Transit.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Nite Owl 5N: Marina Centre → Jurong West St 92
||Marina Centre Bus Terminal → Jurong West St 92 (Blk 924)|
|Passes Through||City Hall, Clarke Quay, Zion Road, Orchard Road, Farrer Road, Clementi, Jurong East, Jurong West|
|Route Length||38.9 km|
|Traveling Time||90 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Clementi Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd|
|Current Depot||Soon Lee Bus Park (SLBP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Scania K230UB
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Marina Centre
||0000 – 0200 (Fridays, Saturdays & Eves of Public Holidays)|
Nite Owl 5N connects the city areas of Marina Centre, City Hall, River Valley and Orchard with Farrer and the estates of Clementi, Jurong East and Jurong West. This service only operates on Fridays, Saturdays, eves of Public Holidays, with four trips on regular operating days.
The route has an express sector along Bukit Timah Rd (after Little India MRT) to Farrer Road,. It also does not call at selected bus stops along Holland Rd, Ulu Pandan Rd, Commonwealth Ave West and Boon lay Way.
During festive periods such as Christmas Eve or New Years’ Eve, operating hours are extended to 4am to cater for late-night dwellers.
- From Marina Centre Terminal: 0000, 0040, 0120, 0200
|Card/Cash Fares for Nite Owl Services|
|Between City and HDB towns
Between HDB towns
|Within HDB Town|
|Adult, PWD*, WTCS**||$4.40||$1.70|
|*PWD = Persons with Disabilities
** WTCS = WorkFare Transport Concession Scheme cardholders
Bus concession passes are not applicable for Nite Owl services.
This service charges flat fares; distance-based fares not applicable.
Nite Owl 5N uses Scania K230UBs or Mercedes-Benz Citaros from Soon Lee Bus Park. They perform supplementary trips on Express 502 before performing 5N.
- 2006 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2025 under the Clementi Bus Package.
- 2006 (22 Dec): Introduced as a unidirectional night service from Marina Centre to Yishun to replace Nite Owl 174M
- 2008 (31 Oct): Route extension to cover lost sectors after the withdrawal of Nite Owl 8N. Amended to ply Jurong West Avenue 1, Boon Lay Ave, Jln Boon Lay, Jurong West St 64/St 63/St 61/Ave 4/St 72/Ave 5/St 91/St 92 instead of Jurong West St 41/52/42.
- 2016 (28 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)