Go-Ahead Bus Service 6 is a primarily industrial route connecting Pasir Ris with Loyang Industrial Estate. The service does not operate on Sundays and Public holidays.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go Ahead Singapore) took over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 18 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
|Route||Pasir Ris Bus Interchange ↺ Loyang Crescent (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris Drive 3, Loyang Industrial Estate|
|Route Length||11.7 km|
|Travelling Time||40 mins|
|GCM Route Package
||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris
||0620hrs – 1930hrs (Weekdays)
0620hrs – 1500hrs (Saturdays)
|0630-0830: 08 – 08 mins
0831-1659: 07 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 09 mins
After 1930: 08 – 09 mins
Introduced in 1993, Service 6 is an industrial route linking Pasir Ris Town Centre with Loyang Industrial Estate, while also serving residential estates along Pasir Ris Drive 3. In parallel with normal commuting patterns, much of its demand is encountered during the peak hours when workers commute between the Loyang Industrial Estate and transport nodes at Pasir Ris. As such, most buses operate on the split shift, which results in low frequencies during off-peak hours.
This service operates until 3:00pm on Saturday afternoons, and does not operate on Sundays and Public Holidays. On the eves of Christmas, New Year and Lunar New Year, the operating hours are the same as Saturday’s.
|Loop Service (via Loyang Cres)|
MRT Stations served by this bus service:
- 1993 – 2001: Singapore Bus Service Ltd
- 2001 – 17 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 18 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1993: Introduced as a loop service between Pasir Ris and Loyang Crecent, serving Loyang Industrial Estate
- 2004 (20 Dec): Amended to ply a longer stretch of Loyang Way and Loyang Lane instead of Loyang Ave in the return direction (towards Pasir Ris)
- 2013 (03 Dec): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (18 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd.
- Refer to this article
- 2004: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2004.
External Links & References: