Go-Ahead Bus Service 62 is a trunk route running from Punggol Interchange and looping at Lorong 1 Geylang, going via Sengkang East, Hougang Ave 10, Lorong Ah Soo, MacPherson and Aljunied.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go Ahead Singapore) has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 4 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
From 25 September 2016, Service 62 will call at 1 additional pair of new bus stops along Punggol East.
|Route||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Lorong 1 Geylang (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Sengkang East, Hougang Ave 10, Lorong Ah Soo, MacPherson, Aljunied|
|GCM Route Package
||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Double-Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Punggol||0530 – 2350 (Daily)|
|0530-0830: 08 – 09 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 17 mins
1700-1900: 08 – 14 mins
After 1900: 12 – 17 mins
Service 62 is an inter-town trunk route linking Punggol, Sengkang, Hougang and Lorong Ah Soo with Aljunied and Lorong 1 Geylang. By linking up residential estates with various MRT stations, major roads and industrial areas near Aljunied, this service encounters high demand during peak hours. It is currently the only service to loop at Lorong 1 Geylang without calling at the terminal.
- Hougang Avenue 2 (Opp Blk 709) → Lorong 1 Geylang → Punggol Int
Weekdays: 0530hrs, 0540hrs
Sat, Sun/PHs: 0540hrs
- Tampines Rd (Aft En-Naeem Mque) → Lorong 1 Geylang → Punggol Int
Weekdays AM Peak
- Upp Paya Lebar Road (Aft Tai Seng Stn) → Punggol Int
Weekdays: 0555hrs, 0605hrs, additional trips during Weekday AM Peak
- Service 62A: Punggol Int → Aljunied Rd (Aljunied Stn)
Weekdays PM Peak only, from 1815hrs onwards
|Loop Service (via Lor 1 Geylang)|
MRT Stations served by this route:
LRT Stations served by this route:
- 1971 – 1973: Amalgamated Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 1971 (11 Apr): Introduced plying between MacPherson and Rumah Tinggi, operated by ABC
- 1989: Extended to Hougang Int (near Kovan)
- 1993: Shortened to New Bridge Rd Ter, with the amendment of Service 63
- 1990s: Amended to Upp Pickering St and South Bridge Rd
- 2003 (07 Dec): Extended to Punggol Temp Int and shortened to loop at Lor 1 Geylang during Phase 3 of the NEL Bus Rationalization.
- 2013 (31 Mar): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2016 (25 Sep): Calls at an additional pair of bus stops (65521 Waterwoods & 65529 Aft Punggol Field) along Punggol East
- Refer to this article
- 2007: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2007.
External Links & References: