SBS Transit Bus Service 63 is a trunk route running from Eunos Interchange and looping at Rumah Tinggi Terminal, passing through Ubi Avenue 1, MacPherson Estate, Kallang, Bugis, Chinatown, Tiong Bahru and Lengkok Bahru. Although designated as a loop service, it operates identical to a bidirectional trunk service, including a short layover at Ruman Tinggi Ter. A shorter variant, Service 63M, also operates.
Bus Service 63 was amended to resume plying Circuit Link from 16 Oct 2016.
|Route||Eunos Bus Interchange ↺ Rumah Tinggi Bus Terminal|
|Passes Through||Ubi Avenue 1, MacPherson Estate, Kallang, Bugis, Chinatown, Tiong Bahru, Lengkok Bahru|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Hougang Bus Depot (HGDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Scania K230UB
Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from T1||Daily:
0530 – 2255 (Full Loop)
2255 – 0000 (Terminates at Rumah Tinggi Ter)
0010 – 0025 (Service 63M)
|Departure Times from T2||0600 – 0012 (Weekdays)
0600 – 0007 (Saturdays)
0600 – 0005 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 06 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 22 mins
1700-1930: 07 – 18 mins
After 1930: 10 – 20 mins
|Notes||* From 2255 hours, buses leaving Eunos Interchange will terminate at Rumah Tinggi Terminal instead of Eunos Interchange.|
Service 63 is a trunk route connecting the residential estates of Kampong Ubi, MacPherson, Tiong Bahru and Bukit Timah to the central areas of Bugis, Clarke Quay and Chinatown. It is an important route between the Ubi Industrial Estate and Eunos MRT for many workers, and it also connects Rumah Tinggi and its surrounding Redhill estates with connections to Tiong Bahru MRT station.
With few services serving the Rumah Tinggi estate, this service links the estate to Tiong Bahru MRT. Also, demand between Ubi Industrial Estate and Eunos MRT is high during peak hours, and Service 63M helps to relieve some of that loading.
Double-decker buses are not deployed due to possible route limitations at Ubi and Rumah Tinggi.
Although Service 63 is listed as a loop route, it unofficially terminates at Rumah Tinggi Terminal. Formally a proper terminal, it has been downgraded to a looping point with parking spaces for two buses. Bus drivers do not end their trip there; they take a short break before continuing off. Passengers are told to alight and re-board the bus after the driver’s break.
- Rumah Tinggi Ter → Eunos Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0613hrs, 0626hrs
Saturdays: 0600hrs, 0615hrs, 0630hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0600hrs, 0621hrs
- Aljunied Rd (Opp Aljunied Stn) → Eunos Int
Weekdays: 0630hrs, 0637hrs
- Ubi Rd 1 (Opp Meiban Ind Bldg) → Eunos Int
Weekdays: 0540hrs, 0549hrs, 0559hrs, 0608hrs, 0618hrs, 0627hrs, 0636hrs
Saturdays: 0550hrs, 0600hrs, 0610hrs, 0620hrs, 0630hrs, 0640hrs
Sundays/PHs: 0540hrs, 0553hrs, 0606hrs, 0619hrs, 0632hrs
- Service 63M: Eunos Int ↺ MacPherson Estate
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 63′s fleet comprises Scania K230UB and Mercedes-Benz Citaro buses. Additional Citaros were added under the BSEP scheme.
- 1971 – 1973: Amalgamated Bus Company Pte Ltd
- 1973 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 1992: Introduced as Bt Merah – MacPherson Estate (Loop)
- 1993: Amended to (and start from) Rumah Tinggi Ter
- 2002: Integrated with Service 382 and extended to Eunos Int via Ubi Ave 1. Also, amended to start from Eunos Int instead of Rumah Tinggi Ter.
- 2010 (28 Feb): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (26 Jun): Serves Lor Bengkok instead of Circuit Link due to temporary closure of Circuit Link for the Downtown Line (MacPherson MRT) construction
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2016 (16 Oct): Reinstated to ply Circuit Link instead of Lor Bengkok.
- Refer to this article
- 2002: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2004.
External Links & References: