City Direct Service 652 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct service between Ang Mo Kio and the CBD, passing through CTE, Orchard Road and Fullerton Road. It is the second City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Upper Thomson Road (opp Sembawang Hill FC) → Shenton Way (opp MAS Bldg)
[PM]: Anson Road (Mapletree Anson) → Upper Thomson Road (JCU S’pore)
|Passes Through||CTE, Orchard Rd, Fullerton Rd|
|Route Length||18.8km (D1) | 18.5km (D2)|
|Current Operator||Ren Quan Transport Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private buses|
|Departure Times from T1||Weekdays:
0725hrs – 0750hrs (5 trips)
|Departure Times from T2||Weekdays:
1810 – 1825 (2 trips)
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 06 – 07 mins
After 1930: –
1700-1930: 15 mins
After 1930: –
- 2014 (06 Jan): Introduced as a bidirectional AM/PM-Peak hour service from Upper Thomson to the CBD under the BSEP. Operates two trips on weekday mornings at 7:35am and 7:45am, and weekday evenings at 6:10pm and 6:25pm. Charges Distance-based flat fares.
- 2014 (17 Mar): Third morning trip added, departure times from Upp Thomson revised to 7:30am, 7:40am and 7:50am.
- 2014 (06 Apr): Revised fares as part of the Public Transport Fare Adjustment 2014
- 2014 (14 Jul): Fourth morning trip added, departure times from Upp Thomson revised to 7:30am, 7:36am, 7:43am and 7:50am
- 2015 (19 Jan): Fifth morning trip added, departure times from Upp Thomson revised to 7.25am, 7.31am, 7.37am, 7.43am and 7.50am.
- 2015 (23 Mar): Calls at new bus stop 03241 Anson Rd – Mapletree Anson instead of 03222 Anson Rd – Hub Synergy Point
- 2016 (18 Jan): City Direct 652 operating contract for Ren Quan Transport Pte Ltd extended by 1 year
City Direct service 652 provides residents of Thomson and Ang Mo Kio with greater connectivity to the CBD. By running parallel to existing rail lines, the service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 and Orchard Road via Central Expressway (CTE). Some bus stops along Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 (near Ang Mo Kio MRT) are skipped to avoid duplication of the MRT line.
This is the second City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), and one of ten proposed City Direct bus routes to be progressively introduced until the 2nd Quarter of 2014. This provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
Currently, other Premium services like 548 and 549 also serve parts of Ang Mo Kio to the city, but only during AM Peak.
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares. Calculate your bus fare using LTA’s fare calculator on MyTransport.sg here.
Fleet: Service 652′s fleet comprises of private buses. Common models sighted include Volvo B7Rs and Isuzu LT134Ps.
|Direction 1||Direction 2|