City Direct Service 661 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Pasir Ris and the CBD, passing through Pasir Ris Dr 6, Street 11 and Shenton Way. It is the fourteenth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Pasir Ris Dr 3 (Blk 479) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Blvd (Marina Bay Stn) → Pasir Ris Dr 3 (Opp Blk 479)
|Passes Through||Pasir Ris Dr 6, Pasir Ris St 11|
|Route Length||24.9km (D1) | 25.9km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||50 – 70mins|
|Current Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private buses|
|Departure Times from Pasir Ris Dr 3
||0730 – 0750 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)
|Departure Times from Central Blvd
||1810 – 1825 (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 10 mins||1700-1930: 15 mins|
- 2015 (09 Feb): Tender for City Directs 661 to 665 announced; tender closes 09 Mar 2015.
- 2015 (21 Jul): Tender for City Direct 661 awarded to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd at $5.41 million.
- 2015 (07 Sep): Initial press release by LTA stating launch date to be on 15 Sep, later removed possibly due to the General Elections 2015.
- 2015 (22 Sep): Launch of City Direct 661 from Pasir Ris to and fro CBD.
- 2016 (25 Jul): Additional AM Trip added, departure timings from Pasir Ris Drive 3 revised to 0730hrs, 0740hrs & 0750hrs.
City Direct Service 661 provides residents of Pasir Ris with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Loyang Ave and Anson Rd via TPE, PIE, ECP & MCE.
3 New bus stops were constructed along Pasir Ris St 11 for this service.
This is the eleventh City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
In addition to City Direct 661, SBS Transit Premium Service 538 and a few other Premium services also ply from Pasir Ris to the CBD.
On the first day of operations on 22 Sep 2015, free rides were available on this service.
An additional AM Trip was added to the service effective 25 July 2016 to cope with the rising demand.
Departure Timings from first stop:
- AM Peak: 0730hrs, 0740hrs, 0750hrs
- PM Peak: 1810hrs, 1825hrs
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
|Maximum Card Fares per trip:||$2.52||Free||$0.91||$1.35|
|Maximum Cash Fares per trip:||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00|
*PWD (Persons with Disabilities Transport Concession Scheme) – $1.35
*WTCS (Workfare Transport Concession Scheme) – $2.09
Fleet: Service 661’s fleet comprises of private buses operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd.
|Direction 1 (Towards CBD)||Direction 2 (Towards Pasir Ris)|
- 2015 (21 Jul): Tender for City Direct 661 awarded to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd.
- 2015 (22 Sep) – Present: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd
External Links & References: