City Direct Bus Service 670 is an AM/PM Peak City Direct Service between Yishun West and the Central Business District, passing through Yishun Ring Rd. It is the twentieth City Direct route introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
|Route||[AM]: Yishun Ave 7 (Opp Blk 288) → Marina Blvd (Marina Bay Financial Ctr)
[PM]: Central Blvd (Marina Bay Station) → Yishun Ave 7 (Blk 289)
|Passes Through||Yishun Ave 6 / 9 / 2, Yishun Ring Rd|
|Current Operator||Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private buses|
|Departure Times from Yishun West
||0720hrs, 0730hrs, 0740hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Departure Times from CBD||1810hrs, 1825hrs (Weekdays, except Public Holidays)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|AM Peak: 10 mins||PM Peak: 15 mins|
City Direct Service 670 provides residents of Yishun West with greater connectivity to the CBD. The service provides a travel alternative for commuters who relied on the rail network and feeder buses to and from work. The route incorporates an express sector between Yishun and the CBD via SLE, CTE, Outram Rd and Cantonment Rd.
This is the twentieth City Direct service to be introduced under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), which provides more options for commuters using stretches of the existing rail lines that experience persistently high ridership, while the ongoing rail enhancement measures are being implemented.
- AM Peak from Opp Blk 288, Yishun Ave 7: 0720hrs, 0730hrs, 0740hrs
- PM Peak from Marina Bay Stn, Ctrl Blvd: 1810hrs, 1825hrs
|[AM] Towards CBD
||[PM] From CBD
Fares: Charges regular distance-based express fares. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
|Maximum Card Fares per trip:||$2.51||Free||$0.89||$1.33|
|Maximum Cash Fares per trip:||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00||$3.00|
*PWD (Persons with Disabilities Transport Concession Scheme) – $1.33
*WTCS (Workfare Transport Concession Scheme) – $2.08
- 2015 (05 Aug): Tender for City Directs 666 to 670 announced; tender closes 31 Aug 2015.
- 2015 (14 Dec): Tender for Bedok Reservoir City Direct, Clementi / Dover City Direct & Yishun West awarded to Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd at $3.41 million.
- 2016 (29 Mar): Launch of City Direct 670.
- 2015 (14 Dec): Tender for City Direct 669 awarded to Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd
- 2016 (29 Mar) onwards: Tong Tar Transport Service Pte Ltd
External Links & References:
- City Direct Services 666 to 670 – LTA