Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 76: Yio Chu Kang ↔ Eunos
Towards Yio Chu Kang
||Yio Chu Kang Bus Interchange ↔ Eunos Bus Interchange|
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon, Paya Lebar|
|Route Length||14.9 km (D1) | 15.8 km (D2)|
|Traveling Time||70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit Ltd
|Current Depot||Seletar Bus Depot (SEDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– MAN A95
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Yio Chu Kang
||Daily: 0530 – 2315|
|Departure Times from Eunos
||Daily: 0545 – 2330|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 09 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 17 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 14 mins
After 1900: 13 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 10 – 12 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 15 mins
1700-1900: 10 – 12 mins
After 1900: 12 – 15 mins
Service 76 is an inter-town route, connecting the residential towns of Ang Mo Kio, Serangoon, Tanjong Katong and Eunos, while also serving industrial areas near Tai Seng and Paya Lebar. Demand is fairly strong throughout the day.
At Ang Mo Kio, this service connects Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4 with Ang Mo Kio and Yio Chu Kang MRT, similar to Townlink 268.
Bus Service 76 was shortened to Eunos Interchange from 20 March 2016, losing its Tanjong Katong and Marine Parade sectors. Lost sectors was replaced with a new Service 134 originating from Sims Place Terminal and rejoining Service 76’s old route from Paya Lebar to Marine Terrace (Loop). Shortworking trip 76A was also withdrawn as a result of the amendment.
MRT Stations served:
Fleet: See Above
- 1989 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – Present: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1989 (Mar): Introduced by SBS as Yio Chu Kang – Marine Parade
- 1992 (May): Amended to ply Paya Lebar Rd, Tanjong Katong Rd and Amber Rd from Ubi Ave 2, Eunos Link, Jln Eunos and Still Rd
- 2001 (16 Sep): Amended to loop at Siglap Link with the closure of Marine Parade Ter.
- 2007 (27 May): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (30 Jan): Shortened to loop at Marine Terrace, skipping the Marine Parade Rd (Marine Terrace – Victoria School) stretch.
- 2013: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- 2016 (20 Mar): Shortened to Eunos Bus Interchange, with Service 134 covering the lost sector from Paya Lebar MRT Station to Marine Parade.
- 2018 (11 Mar): Start of operations under Seletar Bus Package (Tendered Contract)
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.
External Links & References: