Tower Transit Bus Service 78 is a trunk route running from Jurong East Int and looping at Clementi Avenue 2, passing through Penjuru Road, Jalan Buroh, Pandan Road and West Coast Road, serving the industrial areas around Pandan Reservoir.
Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit since 12 June 2016 under the Bulim Bus Package.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 78: Jurong East ↺ Clementi
|↺ Looping at Clementi
Towards Jurong East
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Clementi Avenue 3 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Penjuru Road, Jalan Buroh, Pandan Road, West Coast Road|
|Travelling Time||76 – 113 mins|
|GCM Route Package||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Buses:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Jurong East||0545 – 0020 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 05 – 15 mins
0831-1659: 05 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 06 – 09 mins
After 1930: 13 – 16 mins
Service 78 is an industrial trunk route linking the factories and offices at Penjuru and Pandan with connections to Clementi and Jurong East MRT stations. It also supplements other residential bus services between Teban Gardens and Jurong East MRT/Int, as well as between West Coast and Clementi Town Centre.
Demand for this service is heavy during weekday peak hours, and large numbers of double-deck buses (as well as plenty of split-shift buses) are deployed.
- Clementi Ave 2 (Opp Blk 408) → Jurong East (via Clementi Ave 3)
Weekdays & Saturdays AM Peak
- West Coast Rd (Aft Teban Gardens Rd) → Jurong East
AM Peak Daily
- Service 78A: Jurong East Int → Tanjong Penjuru (ECS Freight Svcs)
Weekdays, 0715hrs – 0825hrs
78A caters to workers heading from Jurong East Into to industries in Tanjong Penjuru during the morning peak hours.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- 1988 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 11 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 12 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021.
- 1988 (19 Jun): Introduced by SBS as Jurong East Int – Clementi Ave 3 (Loop)
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to serve Pandan Rd, replacing Service 245.
- 2001: Amended to skip one pair of stops along Penjuru Rd and call at a new pair along West Coast Rd
- 2002 (May): Amended to skip Teban Gardens Rd towards Jurong East and ply West Coast Rd instead.
- 2004 (04 Sep): Amended to ply Pandan Ave (towards Clementi) with 2 stops and skips 1 stop along Pandan Rd
- 2005 (03 Apr): Amended to ply West Coast Rd in both directions, skipping Teban Gardens altogether.
- 2011 (17 Dec): Amended to Jurong East Temp Int, serving bus stop at Blk 131 along Jurong Gateway Rd
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (12 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- Refer to this article
- 2005: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2005.
External Links & References: