SMRT Intratown Service 811 is an Intratown service operating from Yishun Interchange and looping at both Yishun Avenue 2 and Yishun Avenue 1, passing through Yishun Avenue 7, Avenue 5, Yishun Ring Road and Yishun Street 81. It operates as a dual-loop service, calling at Bus Stop 59161 (Opp Blk 201) along Yishun Central in-between loops.
Route:Route Details (Click to expand)
|Bus Service 811: Yishun ↺ Yishun Ave 2 & Yishun Ave 1 (Loop)
Loop at Yishun Ave 2
Loop at Yishun Ave 1
- Buses from the North Loop will continue to the South Loop at Opp Blk 201, Yishun Central unless “811E Ends at Yishun Int/MRT” is displayed.
- Buses from the South Loop will only continue to the North Loop if “811E Ends at Yishun Int/MRT” is not displayed.
||Yishun Temporary Bus Interchange ↺ Yishun Avenue 2 & Avenue 1 (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Yishun Ave 7, 5, Ring Rd, St 81|
|Route Length||16.8 km|
|Travelling Time||65 – 70 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Seletar Bus Package
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Ang Mo Kio Bus Depot (AMDEP)|
|Current Fleet||18-metre Articulated bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O405G
– MAN NG363F (A24)
12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from Yishun Temp Int
|0520 – 0055 (Weekdays/Sat)
0530 – 0055 (Sun/PHs)
|Departure Times from Opp Blk 201, Yishun Central
|0553 – 0050 (Weekdays)
0548 – 0050 (Saturdays)
0558 – 0050 (Sundays / Public Holidays)
|0630-0830: 04 – 05 mins
0831-1659: 02 – 08 mins
1700-1900: 02 – 06 mins
After 1900: 02 – 08 mins
Intratown Service 811 serves residential blocks, schools and public amenities along Yishun Ave 9, Yishun Ave 6, Yishun Ave 7, Yishun Ave 5, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Ave 3, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 4 and Yishun St 81, connecting them to transport nodes at Yishun Town Centre, namely Yishun MRT and Bus Interchange. Its primary area of service is Yishun Neighbourhoods 1 and 2 on the North Loop, and Neighbourhoods 6, 7 and 8 on the South Loop. High capacity articulated buses are deployed on a daily basis due to high demand from Yishun residents and workers commuting to Yishun Industrial Park.
The route serves schools such as Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary, Naval Base Primary, Naval Base Secondary, Northland Secondary and Orchid Park Secondary. Other public amenities served include Yishun Town Combined Temple, Yishun Neighbourhood Park, Chong Pang CC, Yishun Town Gardens, Yishun Swimming Complex and Nee Soon South CC.
Service 811 operates in two loops, where buses will first ply the North Loop (via Yishun Ave 2) followed by the South Loop (via Yishun Ave 1). The 811 berth inside Yishun Temp Int is for the North Loop, while commuters heading towards the South Loop (via Yishun Ave 1) should board outside Yishun Temp Int at Bus Stop 59161 Opp Blk 201. Terminating trips will operate as Service 811E on the South Loop, indicating that the bus will terminate at Yishun Temp Int and no longer continue its journey on the North Loop.
Between Jan 2015 & Jan 2017, Service 811 had a Peak Period Short Service variant, Peak Period Short Service 811P, which served the South Loop only.
MRT Stations Served:
- Yishun Ave 7 (Opp Blk 288) → Yishun Central (Opp Blk 201)
Weekdays AM Peak Hours
- Service 811A: Yishun Temp Int → Yishun Avenue 5 (Blk 151)
Weekdays PM Peak hours (1628hrs – 2008hrs)
Fleet: See Above.
- 1996 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 1H 2018 onwards: SBS Transit Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2018 under the Seletar Bus Package.
- 1996 (07 Jul): Introduced as an Intra-Town service between Yishun Int and Yishun Ave 5/St 81. Merged from feeder services 801 and 805.
- 2009 (01 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2011 (23 Oct): Amended to serve Yishun Ave 2, 3 & Yishun Ring Rd
- 2015 (14 Mar): Amended to Yishun Temp Int. South Loop boarding no longer inside the interchange.
- 1996 (South Loop): Yishun Int, Yishun Ctrl, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 4, Yishun St 81, Yishun Ave 1, Yishun Ave 4, Yishun Ring Rd, Yishun Ave 3, Yishun Ave 2, Yishun Int
- 2011: Present routing