Go-Ahead Bus Service 84 is a trunk service plying between Punggol Interchange and looping at Punggol Road End, passing through Punggol Central and Punggol Road.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go Ahead Singapore) has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 4 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
Bus Service 84 will be declared a Wheelchair Accessible Bus Service from 16 Jul 2017.
|Bus Service 84: Punggol ↺ Punggol Road (Loop)
||Looping at Punggol Rd
||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Punggol Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Punggol Central|
|Route Length||5.6 km|
|Travelling Time||15 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol
||0530 – 0035 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 09 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 13 mins
1700-1900: 11 mins
After 1900: 08 – 13 mins
Service 84 is a short route linking Punggol Road and surrounding residential areas up North with Punggol Interchange and MRT. Small residential communities around Punggol Seventeenth and Twenty-fourth Avenue also benefit from this route.
Service 84 is the sole bus service to Punggol Road End, serving the Punggol Point jetty, Punggol Ranch and The Punggol Settlement. Demand for this service is high during the weekends and on public holidays.
When Service 84 was taken over by Go-Ahead Singapore on 04 Sep 2016, it was incorrectly declared as a wheelchair-accessible bus service based on the Service 84 Service Guide printed by the operator. It was officially declared a wheelchair-accessible bus service from 16 Jul 2017.
SBS Transit’s sole Volvo B10BLE Demonstrator unit, SBS1688K, used to operate on this service until its retirement in Jan 2015.
MRT Stations served by this route:
- 03 Sep 2011 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2011 (03 Sep): Introduced between Punggol Int and Punggol Road End (Loop), replacing part of Service 82 which was amended to ply between Punggol Interchange and Serangoon Central (Loop). Route number re-used for the third time.
- 2014: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- 2017 (16 Jul): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.
External Links & References: