Go-Ahead Bus Service 84 is a trunk service plying between Punggol Interchange and looping at Punggol Road End, passing through Punggol Central and Punggol Road.
Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd (Go Ahead Singapore) has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit from 4 September 2016 under the Loyang Bus Package.
|Route||Punggol Bus Interchange ↺ Punggol Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Punggol Central, Punggol Road|
|Running Time||15 mins|
|GCM Route Package
||Loyang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Go-Ahead Singapore|
|Current Depot||Loyang Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||Single Deck Buses:
– Mercedes-Benz Citaro
|Departure Times from Punggol
||0530 – 0035 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 09 – 11 mins
0831-1659: 08 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 11 mins
After 1930: 08 – 15 mins
Service 84 is a short route linking Punggol Road and surrounding residential areas up North with Punggol Interchange and MRT. Small residential communities around Punggol Seventeenth and Twenty-fourth Avenue also benefit from this route.
Service 84 is the sole bus service to Punggol Road End, serving the Punggol Point jetty, Punggol Ranch and The Punggol Settlement. Demand for this service is high during the weekends and on public holidays.
SBS Transit’s sole Volvo B10BLE Demonstrator unit, SBS1688K, used to operate on this service until its retirement in Jan 2015.
This bus service was declared wheelchair-accessible upon Go-Ahead Singapore’s takeover of operations from SBS Transit on 4 Sep 2016.
|Loop Service (via Punggol Rd)|
MRT Stations served by this route:
- 03 Sep 2011 – 03 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 04 Sep 2016 onwards: Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Loyang Bus Package.
- 2011 (03 Sep): Introduced between Punggol Int and Punggol Road End (Loop), replacing part of Service 82 which was amended to ply between Punggol Interchange and Serangoon Central (Loop). Route number re-used for the third time.
- 2014: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2016 (4 Sep): Operations transferred to Go Ahead Loyang Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd. Declared wheelchair-accessible bus service.
- Refer to this article
- 2011: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2011.
External Links & References: