SMRT Bus Service 882 is a trunk route from Sembawang Interchange and looping at Sembawang Road End, passing through Canberra Road, Wellington Circle and Montreal Drive.
|Route||Sembawang Bus Interchange ↺ Sembawang Road (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Canberra Rd, Wellington Circle, Montreal Dr|
|Travelling Time||25 – 30 mins|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses|
|Current Depot||Woodlands Bus Depot (WLDEP)
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
|Departure Times from T1||0520 – 2345 (Weekdays, Saturday)
0545 – 2330 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 13 – 17 mins
0831-1659: 13 – 17 mins
1700-1930: 14 – 18 mins
After 1930: 12 – 17 mins
Service 882 is a largely residential route serving Sembawang Estate and Sembawang Road with bus connections to key transport nodes at Sembawang MRT and Bus Interchange. The route loops at Sembawang Road End, and also serves Wellington Primary School, Sembawang CC, Sembawang Park and the Boy’s Brigade and Girl’s Brigade Campsite.
The route’s limited coverage within the Sembawang estate, along with low-density housing along Sembawang Road, results in moderate to low passenger demand that is concentrated within the Sembawang estate. High capacity double-deck / articulated buses are not deployed due to a shortage of demand and possible route limitations at Sembawang Road.
Despite the limited demand, a shortworking trip 882A is provided during weekday evening peak hours for the benefit of Sembawang residents and improve frequencies during the peak hour.
- Service 882A: Sembawang Interchange → Montreal Link (Aft Montreal Dr)
Weekday evening peak hours
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Fleet: Service 882′s fleet comprises MAN NL323F buses, with additional MAN NL323F buses added under the BSEP scheme. Crossover buses from 980 and 981 also operate on this route.
- 2009 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2016.
- 2005 (20 Nov): Introduced between Sembawang Int and Sembawang Park via Sembawang Vista, Canberra Road, Canberra Link and Sembawang Road.
- 2009 (24 May): Further amended to serve Wellington Circle, Montreal Dr & Montreal Link.
- 2013 (21 Apr): Designated wheelchair accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2014: Service improvement under the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP)
- 2014 (18 Aug): Shortworking trip 882A introduced
- 2015 (Jun): Bus Service Reliability Framework (BSRF) implemented for trial till Aug 2016
- Refer to this article
- 2009: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 2009.