Tower Transit Bus Service 96 is a trunk route from Clementi Int and looping at Kent Ridge Crescent, passing through Commonwealth Avenue West and Clementi Road.
Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit since 26 June 2016 under the Bulim Bus Package.
|Bus Service 96: Clementi – Kent Ridge Crescent (Loop)
|Route||Clementi Bus Interchange ↺ Kent Ridge Crescent (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Commonwealth Avenue West, Clementi Road|
|GCM Route Package
||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
12-metre Single Deck Bus
– Mercedes-Benz O530 Citaro
|Departure Times from Clementi
||0645 – 2330 (Weekdays)
0700 – 2330 (Saturdays)
0700 – 2300 (Sundays/PHs)
|0630-0830: 08 – 13 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 10 mins
1700-1930: 08 – 10 mins
After 1930: 07 – 14 mins
Service 96 primarily serves the National University of Singapore (NUS) Kent Ridge Campus and UTown with bus connections to Clementi MRT & Interchange. It runs parallel to Service 183 (between Clementi MRT and Clementi Road), which does not enter NUS, as well as serving residential blocks along Clementi Road. Double decker buses were deployed on this service since 2012.
- Kent Ridge Cres (Opp Yusof Ishak Hse) → Clementi Int
Weekdays PM Peak only, except NUS Vacation Period
- Service 96A: Clementi Int → Kent Ridge Cres (NUS Raffles Hall)
Weekdays AM Peak Only, except NUS Vacation Period
- Service 96B: Clementi Int → Commonwealth Ave West (Clementi Stn)
Weekdays PM Peak Only, except NUS Vacation Period
Although route details state that 96B starts from Clementi Int, trips also start from Kent Ridge Crescent (NUS Fac of Design & Env) as well as Kent Ridge Crescent (Opp Yusof Ishak Hse) during operating hours. 96B buses go off-service from Clementi Station to Kent Ridge Terminal (via Clementi Ave 6 and AYE) for a short layover before starting on another trip of 96B.
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
- 1982 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 25 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 26 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021 under the Bulim Bus Package
- 1982: Original route from Clementi to Kent Ridge Cres (Loop)
- 1988: Amended to serve Clementi Ave 3
- 2006 (29 Oct): Amended to Clementi Temp Int
- 2011 (26 Nov): Amended to air-conditioned Clementi Integrated Transport Hub (ITH)
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (26 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd
- Refer to this article
- 1982: No significant route changes since 1982.
External Links & References: