SMRT Bus Service 970 is a trunk route linking Bukit Panjang and Shenton Way Terminal, passing through Hillview, Bukit Batok, Bukit Timah, Sixth Avenue, Holland Avenue, Commonwealth Avenue, Alexandra, River Valley, Kim Seng/Zion Road, Chinatown, Telok Ayer and Cecil Street / Shenton Way.
|Bus Service 970: Bukit Panjang ↔ Shenton Way
Towards Shenton Way
Towards Bukit Panjang
- No alighting at Shenton Way Bus Terminal
- No boarding and alighting at Bukit Panjang Temp Bus Pk
||Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park ↔ Shenton Way Bus Terminal
|Passes Through||Hillview, Bt Batok, Bt Timah, Sixth Ave, Holland Ave, Commonwealth Ave, Alexandra, River Valley, Kim Seng/Zion Rd, Chinatown, Telok Ayer, Cecil St/Shenton Way|
|Route Length||26.8km (D1) | 25.8km (D2)|
|Travelling Time||95 mins|
|BCM Route Package||Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package|
|Current Operator||SMRT Buses Ltd|
|Current Depot||Kranji Bus Depot (KJDEP)|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Single Deck Bus:
– MAN NL323F
– Mercedes-Benz OC500LE
|Departure Times from Bt Panjang
||0525hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Departure Times from Shenton Way
||0630hrs – 2330hrs (Daily)|
|Frequency||Direction 1||Direction 2|
|0630-0830: 11 – 16 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 16 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 16 mins
After 1930: 16 – 17 mins
|0630-0830: 13 – 14 mins
0831-1659: 10 – 15 mins
1700-1930: 10 – 11 mins
After 1930: 11 – 16 mins
Service 970 is an inter-town route linking public and private housing estates of Bukit Panjang, Hillview, Bukit Batok, Bukit Timah, Sixth Avenue, Holland Village, Commonwealth and Alexandra, with the City areas of River Valley, Great World, Outram Park, Chinatown, Telok Ayer and Shenton Way.
Despite its many unique connections, the route serves many low-density estates and demand is moderate as a result. Much of its demand comes from shuttling commuters between various points of its lengthy route. The fleet comprises of rigid buses, and high capacity double-deck / articulated buses are not deployed due to a lack of demand.
No boarding and alighting is allowed at Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park and no alighting is allowed at Shenton Way Ter. Shenton Way-bound trips start from Petir Road (44851 Bukit Panjang Station); Bukit Panjang-bound trips terminate at Jelebu Road (44631 Opp Bt Panjang Plaza).
MRT / LRT Stations served:
- DT1BP6 Bukit Panjang
- DT2 Cashew
- DT3 Hillview
- DT5 Beauty World
- DT6 King Albert Park
- CC21 Holland Village
- EW20 Commonwealth
- EW19 Queenstown
- EW16NE3 Outram Park
- NE4DT19 Chinatown
- DT18 Telok Ayer
- EW15 Tanjong Pagar
- 2000 – 2004: Trans-Island Bus Services Ltd
- 2004 – Present: SMRT Buses Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2023 under the Choa Chu Kang – Bukit Panjang Bus Package.
- 2000 (20 Aug): Introduced between Bukit Panjang Int and Shenton Way Ter
- 2012 (29 Apr): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2012 (16 Dec): Route amended for the construction of Bukit Panjang Integrated Transport Hub. Terminus relocated to Bukit Panjang Temporary Bus Park, Shenton Way-bound trips start from Petir Road (44851 Bukit Panjang Station); Bukit Panjang-bound trips terminate at Jebulu Road (44631 Opp Bt Panjang Plaza).
- 2015 (27 Dec): Calls at Blk 184 instead of Blk 183 along Bt Panjang Rd towards Marina Centre as part of DTL2 Bukit Panjang Bus Service Enhancements. Also calls at Hillview Station along Upp Bt Timah Rd
- 2017 (25 Jun): Amended to relocated Shenton Way Bus Terminal
- Refer to this article
- 2000: No significant route changes since 2000.