Tower Transit Bus Service 98 is a trunk route from Jurong East Int and looping at Jurong Island Checkpoint, passing through Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1, Lakeside, Corporation Drive, Jurong Port Rd, Fishery Port Rd and Jurong Pier Rd.
The service operates in tandem with its route variant, Service 98M, which loops at Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim.
Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd has taken over operations of this bus service from SBS Transit since 26 June 2016 under the Bulim Bus Package.
|Bus Service 98: Jurong East – Jurong Pier Way (Loop)
|Route||Jurong East Bus Interchange ↺ Jurong Pier Way (Loop)|
|Passes Through||Jurong East/West Ave 1, Lakeside, Corporation Dr, Jurong Port Rd, Fishery Port Rd, Jurong Pier Rd|
|Travelling Time||97 – 120 mins|
|GCM Route Package
||Bulim Bus Package|
|Current Operator||Tower Transit|
|Current Depot||Bulim Bus Depot|
|Current Fleet||12-metre Double Deck Bus:
– Volvo B9TL
|Departure Times from Jurong East
||0530 – 0000 (Daily)|
|0630-0830: 07 – 10 mins
0831-1659: 04 – 26 mins*
1700-1930: 07 – 12 mins
After 1930: 10 – 32 mins*
|Notes||* During off-peak hours, departures from Jurong East are staggered with Service 98M|
Service 98 is both an industrial and residential trunk service, operating between Jurong East and Jurong Pier Way. For its residential portions, it serves housing blocks around Jurong East Avenue 1, Jurong West Avenue 1 and Corporation Drive with connections to Jurong East and Lakeside MRT Stations. For its industrial portions, it serves factories and offices around Jurong Port Road, Jalan Buroh and Jurong Pier Road and connects them to Lakeside MRT.
During off-peak hours, departures from Jurong East Int are staggered with Service 98M.
- Jurong Pier Way (Jurong Island Checkpoint) → Jurong East Int
- Jurong Port Rd (Aft Jln Buroh) → Jurong East Int
Weekends early morning only
- Yung Ho Rd (Blk 151) → Jurong East Int
Weekdays: 0600hrs, 0608hrs, 0616hrs
Sat, Sundays/PHs : 0600hrs, 0611hrs
- Service 98A: Boon Lay Way (Lakeside Stn) → Corporation Rd (Corporation Place)
Weekdays, 1815hrs – 2015hrs
- Service 98B: Jurong West Ave 1 (Blk 490) → Jurong Pier Way (Jurong Island Checkpoint)
Weekdays, 0555hrs – 0840hrs
Fare: Charges fares for regular trunk services. See Bus Fares for exact fares.
Gallery (SBS Transit):
Gallery (Tower Transit):
- 1984 – 2001: Singapore Bus Services Ltd
- 2001 – 25 Jun 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 26 Jun 2016 onwards: Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd
The Bus Service Operating License (BSOL) for this route will be renewed in 2021.
- 1984: Introduced by SBS as Jurong East Ctrl – Jurong (Loop)
- 1985 (30 Jun): Amended to Jurong East Int
- 1988: Amended to ply Jurong West St 51 and Boon Lay Way instead of Jurong West Ave 1 and Corporation Road after the commencement of Lakeside MRT station
- 1990 (01 Jul): Amended to loop at Jln Ahmad Ibrahim with the closure of Jurong Int
- 1991 (20 Jan): Integrated with service 247, looped at Jurong Port Rd
- 1995 (Jan): Every alternate trip looped at Jln Ahmad Ibrahim during the off peak periods and subsequently those trips were re-numbered to 98A.
- 2008 (28 Jan): Service 98A renamed To Service 98M (No route amendment).
- 2012 (16 Apr): Shortworking trip 98B introduced from Lakeside Stn to Jurong Pier Way during AM Peak hours
- 2012 (25 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (26 Jun): Operations transferred to Tower Transit Singapore Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd.
- Refer to this article
- 1991: Amended to present routing. No significant route changes since 1991.
External Links & References: