Premium Bus Service 530 is a Premium service operated by EML Transport Service from Redhill to Shenton Way. The route passes through River Valley, Clarke Quay and Church Street, operating two trips in the morning.
Operations of Premium Bus Service 530 has been transferred to a EML Transport Service from 29 August 2016.
|Route||Tiong Bahru Rd (Opp Redhill Stn) → Shenton Way (opp MAS Building)|
|Passes Through||River Valley Rd, Clarke Quay, Church Street|
|Current Operator||EML Transport Service Pte Ltd|
|Departure Times from Redhill||0810 – 0825hrs (Weekdays, Except Public Holidays)|
Premium 530 serves the private estates and condominiums around River Valley with bus connections to Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. At the same time, SMRT Bus Service 970 also offers connections between some parts of River Valley and Shenton Way, taking a slightly longer route. Demand for the route is in the moderate to high range due to the lack of alternative routes between River Valley and the Shenton Way commercial district.
At 7.1km, Premium 530 is one of the shortest Premium services to serve the Shenton Way corridor. The steep fares as compared to other Premium services indicate that the route is pitching itself against taxis and private modes of transport.
With the takeover of operations by EML Transport Service Pte Ltd in August 2016, the route was extended to start from Opp Redhill MRT Station before serving River Valley. The number of trips operated was also reduced to 1 AM trip departing Redhill at 0820hrs from the 2 AM trips that SMRT used to operate with.
The number of trips was increased back to 2 AM and trip timings revised to 0810 & 0825 sometime after the takeover by EML Transport Service.
- From Opp Redhill Stn, Tiong Bahru Rd: 0810hrs & 0825hrs
Weekdays, Except Public Holidays
Fare: Flat fare of $4.50. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
- 30 Jul 2007 – 26 Aug 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 29 Aug 2016 onwards: EML Transport Service Pte Ltd
- 2007 (30 Jul): Introduced as a Premium Service from River Valley Road → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $3.00, with two morning peak departures at 0820hrs and 0835hrs.
- ???? – Fare revision to $3.50
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $4.50
- 2016 (29 Aug): Operations transferred to EML Transport Services, route extended to start from Redhill & trips reduced from 2 to 1.
- ???? – Additional AM Trip, AM trips revised to 0810 & 0825hrs