Premium Bus Service 533 is a Premium service operated by Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from Teban Gardens Road to Beach Road. The route passes through West Coast Road, AYE and Cecil Street, operating two trips in the morning.
Operations of Premium 533 was transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd from 15 Aug 2016.
The bus route was also extended to Beach Road from Fullerton Road.
|Route||Teban Gardens Road (Teban Gdn PO) → Beach Rd (Opp Golden Mile Cplx)
|Passes Through||West Coast Rd, AYE, Cecil St, Temasek Ave|
|Travelling Time||55 mins|
|Current Operator||Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd|
|Current Fleet||Private Coaches|
|Departure Times from Teban Gdns
||0735 – 0745 (Weekdays)|
- 2007 (16 Jul): Introduced as a Premium Service from Teban Gardens → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0745hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.00
- 2008 (21 Jul): Fare revised to $3.30
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.10
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (from Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (30 Jun): Fare reinstated to $3.30
- 2010 (02 Aug): Second departure from Teban Gardens Rd at 0735hrs
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.50
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.20
- 2016 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (15 Aug): Operations transferred to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd. Route extended to Beach Road via Temasek Blvd & Raffles Ave. Wheelchair-accessible status revoked.
- 16 Jul 2007 – 12 Aug 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 15 Aug 2016 onwards: Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd
Premium 533 serves housing estates around Teban Gardens and West Coast with bus connections to the Central Business District (CBD), eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. The service is well-received along its catchment areas where direct bus or train connections to the CBD are not available.
In 2014, City Direct 655 was launched between West Coast and Shenton Way, which further reduced demand on this service as a cheaper alternative. Alternatively, parts of Teban Gardens/West Coast are served by Premium 589 and Premium 762.
The express sector of this route usually plies the Ayer Rajah Expressway (AYE), rather than West Coast Highway.
With the change of operator to Aedge Holdings Pte Ltd from SBS Transit Ltd on 15 August 2016, the route was extended to Beach Road, serving Suntec and The Esplanade as well. Departure timings remain unchanged.
Departure Timings from Teban Gardens Rd: 0735hrs, 0745hrs
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.20. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
|From Teban Gardens Road||To Beach Road|
External Links & References: