Premium Bus Service 549 is a Premium service operated by Commute Solutions from Ang Mo Kio Street 61 to Temasek Blvd. The route passes through Ang Mo Kio Avenue 4 and 3, CTE and Cecil Street, operating two trips in the morning.
Commute Solutions has taken over operations of Premium Bus Service 549 from SBS Transit, with a route extension to Temasek Blvd from 03 Oct 2016.
|Route||Ang Mo Kio Street 61 (Blk 645) → Temasek Blvd (Suntec Tower Two)
|Passes Through||Ang Mo Kio Ave 4/3, CTE, Cecil St, Marina Blvd|
|Travelling Time||60 mins|
Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd
|Departure Times from AMK St 61
||0750 – 0800 (Weekdays)|
Premium 549 serves the housing estates of Ang Mo Kio Neighborhoods 1, 2 and 6 with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It is a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT and other bus routes to reach the city. Currently, other routes running nearby like Service 128 and Service 162/M also provide bus connections to the city.
In 2013, City Direct 652 was launched between Ang Mo Kio and Shenton Way, which significantly reduced demand on this service as a cheaper alternative and overlapping catchment areas.
With the takeover of operations by Commute Solutions from SBS Transit on 3 Oct 2016, the route was extended to Temasek Blvd, omitting Fullerton Square with an increase in fares.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
- From Blk 645, Ang Mo Kio Street 61: 0750hrs, 0800hrs
- Cash: $7.00
- EZ Link Card / NETS Flashpay: $4.70
Fleet: Premium 549 is operated by private coaches.
|Boarding Stops Towards CBD
||Alighting Stops at CBD|
- 25 Feb 2008 – 30 Sep 2016: SBS Transit Ltd
- 03 Oct 2016 onwards: Commute Solutions Group Pte Ltd
- 2008 (25 Feb): Introduced as a Premium Service from Ang Mo Kio St 61 → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0800hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40<
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (previously Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (17 Feb): Second departure introduced at 0750hrs
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2010 (20 Sep): Third departure introduced at 0755hrs
- 2011 (17 Jan): Amended to Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 instead of Ave 1. Deleted sector replaced by new Premium 761. Departures re-timed to 0750hrs and 0800hrs (2 trips)
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.20
- 2016 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (03 Oct): Operations transferred to Commute Solutions, route extended to Temasek Blvd.
- 2017 (03 Jan): Cash fare revised to $7.00