Premium Bus Service 550 is a Premium service operated by Transcity Bus Services from Sengkang East Ave to Fullerton Rd. The route passes through Sengkang West Avenue, CTE and Cecil Street, operating three trips in the morning. The service was formally operated by SBS Transit.
|Route||Sengkang East Ave (Opp Blk 101) → Fullerton Road (Fullerton Sq)|
|Passes Through||Sengkang West Ave, CTE, Cecil St|
|Current Operator||Transcity Bus Services
|Departure Times from T1||0735 – 0750 (Weekdays, excluding public holidays)|
|07 – 08 mins|
- 2008 (25 Feb): Introduced by SBS Transit Ltd as a Premium Service from Rivervale Dr → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0745hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.60
- 2009 (02 Feb): Departure time brought forward to 0740hrs
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (previously Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2011 (27 Sep): Second departure introduced at 0730hrs
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.50
- 2015 (13 Jul): Operations transferred to Transcity Bus Services. Route shortened to start from Sengkang East Ave.
Additional AM trip added, Fare reduced to $3.80/$4.00
Premium 550 serves the housing estates of Sengkang Neighborhoods 1, 2 3 and 4 with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It runs parallel to the Sengkang LRT (East and West loop), providing a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the rail network to reach the city.
In 2013, City Direct 654 was launched between Sengkang and Shenton Way, which reduced demand on this service as a more affordable alternative along its Sengkang East sector. It continues to benefit from high demand from its Sengkang West sectors.
In Jul 2015, operations for this service was transferred to Transcity Bus Services. An additional trip was added to cope with the fleet downsize from double-decker buses to private coaches. The route was shortened from Rivervale Dr to Sengkang East Ave, mainly due to the drop in demand as commuters along the 550-664 duplicate sector preferred the cheaper City Direct 654 for the ride to CBD. Fares for the premium service was also reduced, although they still remain higher than that of City Direct 654.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
- EZ Link / NETS Flashpay: $3.80
- Cash: $4.00
Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Fleet: Premium 550 operates on private buses.
- 25 Feb 2008 – 10 Jul 2015: SBS Transit Ltd
- 13 Jul 2015 – Present: Transcity Bus Services