SBS Transit Premium 555 is a Premium service operated by SBS Transit from Bukit Panjang Ring Road to Fullerton Road. The route passes through Fajar Road, Senja Road, Bukit Batok Road, AYE and Cecil Street, operating one trip in the morning.
The last day of Service for Premium 555 was on 31 Mar 2017.
|Route||Bukit Panjang Ring Road (Opp Bangkit Stn) → Fullerton Road (Fullerton Sq)
|Passes Through||Fajar/Senja Rd, Bt Batok Rd, AYE, Cecil St|
|Current Operator||SBS Transit|
|Current Depot||Bukit Batok Bus Depot (BBDEP)|
|Current Fleet||Volvo B9TL|
|Departure Times from Bukit Panjang
- 25 Feb 2008 – 31 Mar 2017: SBS Transit Ltd
- 2008 (25 Feb): Introduced as a Premium Service from Bt Panjang Ring Rd → Fullerton Rd, with one trip departing at 0745hrs. Charges a flat fare of $3.60
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fare temporarily lowered to $3.40
- 2009 (05 Oct): Amended to ply Cecil Street (previously Robinson Rd)
- 2010 (01 Jul): Fare reinstated to $3.60
- 2010 (20 Sep): Second departure introduced at 0735hrs
- 2011 (08 Nov): Fare increased to $3.80
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revised to $4.50
- 2016 (27 Jun): Designated wheelchair-accessible bus route (WAB)
- 2016 (30 Dec): Announced last day of operations; later retracted
- 2017 (31 Mar): Last day of operations
Premium 555 serves the housing estates of Bukit Panjang Neighborhoods 2, 4, 5 and 6 with bus connections to the CBD, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. It provides a more convenient alternative route for residents who would otherwise rely on the MRT or other bus routes to reach the city.
Currently, the housing estates of Bukit Panjang have limited rail connections and no full-day bus service to the city, so competition between Premium operators is present. Premium 722 by Transcity Bus Services offers the Bukit Panjang – Shenton Way route at just $2.70, but SMRT’s Express 971E is by far the most popular option, charging only express fares (with a maximum of $2.37). Commuters who live near Bukit Panjang LRT Station can take SMRT Service 700 instead, which charges basic trunk fares.
One trip is operated in the mornings, departing Bukit Panjang Ring Road (Opp Bangkit Station) at 7:45am on weekdays. Since its introduction, the presence of multiple alternative bus routes with comparable journey times and lower fares has reduced the demand for this service.
Retracted Route Cancellation
On 14 December 2016, SBS Transit released information at bus stops regarding the withdrawal of Premium Bus Service 555 after 30 December 2016, the last weekday of the year. This is due to the full transition to the Bus Contracting Model (BCM), where operators SMRT Buses & SBS Transit Ltd operate under Negotiated Contracts (NCs) that do not contain Premium Bus Services.
Likely owing to feedback to the relevant authorities, the LTA has allowed SBS Transit to continue operating Premium 555 in Year 2017, with posters at bus stops spotted on 30 Dec 2016 reporting the continuation of operations from 3 January 2017 onwards (see Gallery below for photo).
This is the second Premium Bus Service operated by SBS Transit and SMRT to have its original withdrawal date retracted and continued to operate in Year 2017, after Premium 589.
On 20 Mar 2017, SBS Transit announced that Premium 555 will be discontinued after 31 Mar 2017. This signified the end of Public Bus Operators running Premium Bus Services.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
Fare: Flat fare of $4.50. Transfer rebates & concessionary travel are not applicable.
Fleet: Premium 555 operates on one Volvo B9TL Wright, running under crossover trips from Service 166.
- Bukit Panjang Ring Road (Bus stop opposite Bangkit LRT Station)
- Fajar Road (Bus stop outside Blk 239)
- Fajar Road (Bus stop outside Blk 401A Car Park)
- Fajar Road (Bus stop opposite Fajar LRT Station)
- Senja Road (Bus stop opposite West Spring Secondary School)
- Senja Road (Bus stop outside Blk 628)
- Senja Road (Bus stop outside Blk 610)
- Bukit Panjang Ring Road (Bus stop outside Blk 541A Car Park)
- Bukit Panjang Road (Bus stop outside Blk 183)
Choa Chu Kang Road (Express)
Bukit Batok Road (Express)
Jurong Town Hall Road (Express)
Keppel Road (Express)
- Anson Road (Bus stop outside International Plaza)
- Cecil Street (Bus stop opposite GB Building)
- Cecil Street (Bus stop outside Prudential Tower)
- Fullerton Road (Bus stop outside Fullerton Square)