Premium Bus Service 590 is a Premium service operated by Commute Solutions from Choa Chu Kang Crescent to Shenton Way. The route passes through Choa Chu Kang North 6/5, PIE, Orchard and Fullerton, operating two trips in the morning.
Operations of Premium Bus Service 590 will be transferred to Commute Solutions from 03 Jan 2017.
|Route||Choa Chu Kang Crescent (opp Blk 666) → Shenton Way (opp MAS Building)
|Passes Through||Choa Chu Kang North 6/5, PIE, Orchard, Fullerton|
|Current Operator||Commute Solutions|
|Current Fleet||Private Buses|
|Departure Times from CCK Cres
||0740 – 0750 (Weekdays)|
Premium 590 serves the housing estates of Choa Chu Kang Neighbourhoods 6 and 7 with bus connections to Orchard and Shenton Way, eliminating the hassle of transferring between different modes of transport. The steep fares and cheaper alternatives make Premium 590 a more expensive alternative route to the city, but passengers get to enjoy the luxury benefits of Premium travel.
From Yew Tee, commuters can also take City Direct 662 to the Central Business District at a much cheaper fare.
Two trips are operated in the mornings, departing Choa Chu Kang Crescent (Opp Blk 666) at 7:40am and 7:50am on weekdays.
From 03 Jan 2017, Premium 590 will be operated by Commute Solutions.
Operating Days: Weekdays only. Does not operate on Weekends and Public Holidays.
- EZ Link / NETS Flashpay: $5.50
Fleet: See above.
|Boarding Points in Choa Chu Kang
||Alighting Points in the City|
- 8 Sep 2008 – 30 Dec 2016: SMRT Buses Ltd
- 03 Jan 2017 onwards: Commute Solutions
- 2008 (08 Sep): Introduced as a Premium Service from Choa Chu Kang Crescent → Shenton Way. Charges a flat fare of $4.50. One trip departing at 0745hrs.
- 2009 (01 Apr): Fares brought down to $4.30
- 2010 (01 Apr): Original fare of $4.50 reinstated
- Late 2011?: Fares raised to $5.00
- 2012 (06 Aug): Second departure added, trips re-timed to 0740hrs and 0750hrs
- 2014 (04 Aug): Fare revision to $5.50
- 2017 (03 Jan): Operations transferred to Commute Solutions. No longer wheelchair accessible.